Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

"Unresolved (wrong?) href" when receiving complex structures

Expand Messages
  • Jonas Pasche
    Hi out there, I m relatively new to SOAP and XML at all, but I think I ve got the basics. However I m currently stuck with a problem regarding an
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi out there,

      I'm relatively new to SOAP and XML at all, but I think I've got the
      basics. However I'm currently stuck with a problem regarding an
      implementation of the MM7 interface as documented by 3GPP (it's an
      interface for sending/receiving MMS). For those who're interested, the
      structure is described in a Word document contained in this zip file:


      It describes the XML Schema referred by the SOAP request shown below.

      With SOAP::Lite tracing I've been able to have a look into the structure
      I generate on the client side, and it looks perfect to me. I'm having an
      overall MIME type of multipart/related (SOAP envelope + SOAP
      attachment), the SOAP envelope being of text/html, the SOAP attachment
      being of multipart/related. The SOAP attachment consists of a short SMIL
      file and a text file. The SOAP attachment is properly referred by the
      SOAP envelopes <Content href="..."> element; the SMIL file is properly
      referred by the "start=" parameter of the SOAP attachment header; the
      text file is properly referred by the src="cid:..." construct of the
      SMIL file. The full MIME structure is here:

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST https://localhost/cgi-bin/ReceiveMM7 HTTP/1.1
      Accept: text/xml
      Accept: multipart/*
      Accept: application/soap
      Content-Length: 2226
      Content-Type: Multipart/Related; type="text/xml"; start="<main_envelope>"; boundary="----------=_1138993977-32361-1"; charset=utf-8

      Content-Type: text/xml
      Content-Disposition: inline
      Content-Location: /main_envelope
      Content-ID: <main_envelope>

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <TransactionID xmlns="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1-2" soap:mustUnderstand="1">TransID_1234567890</TransactionID>

      <SubmitReq xmlns="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1-2">


      <ShortCode displayOnly="false">12345</ShortCode>


      <Content href="cid:my-soap-attachment" allowAdaptions="true" />

      Content-Type: multipart/related;
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
      Content-ID: <my-soap-attachment>
      MIME-Version: 1.0

      Content-Type: application/smil; name="example.smil"
      Content-Disposition: inline; filename="example.smil"
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
      Content-ID: <my-presentation>

      <region id="region1" fit="meet" />
      <par dur="10s">
      <ref src="cid:my-content-text" region="region1" />

      Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; name="example.txt"
      Content-Disposition: inline; filename="example.txt"
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
      Content-ID: <my-content-text>

      This is an example.



      The receiving server is quite minimal yet:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use strict;
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      -> dispatch_to('MM7')
      -> handle;

      package MM7;

      sub dummy {
      return "dummy";

      However, when SOAP::Lite sends this structure (which it created itself)
      to the SOAP::Lite based server, I get the following error message as a
      SOAP Fault:

      Application failed during request deserialization: Unresolved (wrong?) href (my-soap-attachment) in element '{http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.140/schema/REL-5-MM7-1-2}Content'

      However, there obviously _is_ a MIME part with "Content-ID:
      <my-soap-attachment>", so I don't have a clue where this error could
      come from. I have searched the archives, but anything I've found
      referred to bugs in SOAP::Lite that have been fixed ages ago.

      Client versions:

      Fedora Core 4
      Perl 5.8.6 (official Fedora)
      MIME-tools 5.419 (from Dag Wieers/RPMforge repository)
      SOAP::Lite 0.66.1 (from Dries Verachtert/RPMforge repository)

      Server versions:

      CentOS 4.1
      Perl 5.8.5 (official CentOS)
      MIME-tools 5.417 (from Dag Wieers/RPMforge repository)
      SOAP::Lite 0.66.1 (from Dries Verachtert/RPMforge repository)

      Thanks for your help with this issue!

    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.