No "start" attribute in Content-Type: trouble with WASP and MIME

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
      I am working with Amazons (WASP, I believe) server to download MIME
      attachments. The problem is WASP doesn't send the optional 'start'
      attribute in the Content-Type header. This causes SOAP::Lite to die.
      Obviously I could handle the fault so it wouldnt die, but I still
      would not be able to parse the MIME.

      I guess I could override the method and do my own MIME parsing (bluhk,
      I'd rather not...)

      Anyone have any suggestions?

      -Nate Murray
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
        I assume you are using SOAP::Lite 0.66.1.

        I would also contact Amazon - as the W3C SOAP with Attachment
        specification strongly recommends that the start parameter be present.

        http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments
        It is strongly recommended that the root part contain a |Content-ID|
        MIME header structured in accordance with RFC 2045
        <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-attachments-20001211#MIME1>, and
        that in addition to the required parameters for the |Multipart/Related|
        media type, the start parameter (optional in RFC 2387
        <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-attachments-20001211#MultipartRelated>)
        always be present. This permits more robust error detection.

        But since technically it is not required, let me take a look.

        Nate wrote:
        > I am working with Amazons (WASP, I believe) server to download MIME
        > attachments. The problem is WASP doesn't send the optional 'start'
        > attribute in the Content-Type header. This causes SOAP::Lite to die.
        > Obviously I could handle the fault so it wouldnt die, but I still
        > would not be able to parse the MIME.
        >
        > I guess I could override the method and do my own MIME parsing (bluhk,
        > I'd rather not...)
        >
        > Anyone have any suggestions?
        >
        > -Nate Murray

      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
          Weird - it should behave correctly with 0.66+. Here is the code from the
          Packager:

          die "Multipart MIME messages MUST declare Multipart/Related content-type"
          if ($entity->head->mime_attr('content-type') !~ /^multipart\/related/i);
          my $start =
          get_multipart_id($entity->head->mime_attr('content-type.start'))
          || get_multipart_id($entity->parts(0)->head->mime_attr('content-id'));
          my $location = $entity->head->mime_attr('content-location') ||
          'thismessage:/';

          As you can see - it first looks for the start parameter and if it cannot
          be found it simply grabs the content id of the root part... do you have
          code I can use to reproduce the problem?