base64Binary SOAP::Lite problem with Apache Axis

  • Steve Piercey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2006
      I'm using SOAP::Lite 0.66.1 as a client (though it fails with other
      releases) and having a problem receiving byte arrays from an
      Apache Axis server.
      I'm using Axis v1.3 and it appears that the SOAP::Lite "base64Binary" is no
      longer working.
      I get a message "Unrecognized type
      '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/}base64Binary'"
      If I go back to v1.1 everything works correctly. I am using the '2001'
      schema by SOAP::Lite ... , xmlschema => '2001'
      I've included the response envelope from the two different versions.
      NOTE the <getGrahicReturn 'xsi:type=..."> difference. Shouldn't SOAP::Lite
      be able to handle the newer soap encoding schema?

      Thanks
      Steve

      Axis v1.1
      ------------------------------------
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body>

      <ns1:getGraphicResponse
      xmlns:ns1="urn:Xpp">
      <ns1:getGraphicReturn xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">
      JSFQUy1BZG9iZS0zLjAgRVBTRi0zLjAKCiUlQm91bmRpbmdCb3g6IDUgNSAxMDUgMTA1CjEwIHNl
      dGxp
      bmV3aWR0aAoxMCAxMCBtb3ZldG8KMCA5MCBybGluZXRvIDkwIDAgcmxpbmV0byAwIC05MCBybGlu
      ZXRv
      IGNsb3NlcGF0aApzdHJva2U=</ns1:getGraphicReturn></ns1:getGraphicResponse></so
      apenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

      Axis v1.3
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body>

      <ns1:getGraphicResponse
      xmlns:ns1="urn:Xpp">
      <getGraphicReturn xsi:type="soapenc:base64Binary"
      xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      JSFQUy1BZG9iZS0zLjAgRVBTRi0zLjAKCiUlQm91bmRpbmdCb3g6IDUgNSAxMDUgMTA1CjEwIHNl
      dGxp
      bmV3aWR0aAoxMCAxMCBtb3ZldG8KMCA5MCBybGluZXRvIDkwIDAgcmxpbmV0byAwIC05MCBybGlu
      ZXRv
      IGNsb3NlcGF0aApzdHJva2U=</getGraphicReturn></ns1:getGraphicResponse></soapen
      v:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
    • nodens2k2k
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2006
        I am experiencing the same problem. Does anybody know a workaround to
        this?

        Also, I have some production clients, and I would like to maintain
        compatibility with them, at least by now. Does somebody know if there
        is any way to tell Axis to use a format that SOAP::Lite could understand?

        Thanks,
        Rodrigo