In Fedora Core 4 environment, soap lite looks for Apache.pm instead of Apache2.pm

  • jing han
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2005
      Hello,

      I meet a problem with SOAP::Transport::HTTP and
      Apache2 in Fedora Core 4 environment.

      I installed httpd-2.0.54-10.i386.rpm and
      mod_perl-2.0.0-0.rc5.3.i386.rpm with Fedora Core 4
      CDs. And then I downloaded and installed
      perl-SOAP-Lite-0.60a-3.rhfc4.at.noarch.rpm.

      I edited /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to add our own
      perl handler
      as:

      <Location /NM2Soap>
      setHandler perl-script
      perlHandler SOAPApache
      </Location>

      In SOAPApache module, I have: use
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      I use a web services application to make a request to
      my customized SOAPDaemon via SOAPApache. The request
      is not successful. I go to /etc/httpd/logs/ directory
      and check error_log message. The error_log message
      looks like follows:

      Client failed to resolve handler 'SOAPApache': Can't
      locate Apache.pm in @INC.......... at
      /usr/lib/perl5/vendor-perl5/5.8.6/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm
      line 444 ............

      I checked HTTP.pm file, line 444 is:

      sub new {require Apache; require Apache::Constants;

      How can I make SOAP::Transport::HTTP look for Apache2
      instead of Apache?

      Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

      jing

      http://mail.yahoo.com