XMLRPC::Lite Change Member Type

  • parcelstring
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2005
      Hi

      I want to change the type of a member passed by XMLRPC::Lite.

      The member is supposed to hold a mobile phone number which i want to
      pass as a string but which is currently being passed as an integer.

      How can i do that?

      Thanks
      Ben Crinion
    • Eric Amick
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2005
        On 21 Nov 2005 16:52:06 -0000, you wrote:

        >I want to change the type of a member passed by XMLRPC::Lite.
        >
        >The member is supposed to hold a mobile phone number which i want to
        >pass as a string but which is currently being passed as an integer.
        >
        >How can i do that?

        If I understand the docs correctly, you use the same method you would in
        SOAP::Lite. Assuming for the sake of argument the number is stored in
        $mobile, just use

        XMLRPC::Data->type(string => $mobile)

        anywhere you would use $mobile when constructing messages.
        --
        Eric Amick
        Columbia, MD