Re: [soaplite] Re: Newbie question about SOAP:Lite

  • Eric Bridger
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
      You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will return a reference
      to an array which you must dereference:
      my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....

      my @lds = @{$ref};

      Eric

      On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote: Thanks. Now It doesn't
      report error any more.
      But the result was unexpected.

      My Perl code is like this:
      my $ld_service = SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");

      my @lds =
      $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

      print "$#lds\n";
      foreach $ld (@lds){
      print "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
      }

      The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server side, Java reports
      it sent out an array of 5 objects.

      I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code, since the PHP/Java
      clients I wrote both work well.

      Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

      Service.

    • Fei Yang
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
        I tried this and it still doesn't work.
        I have already implemented a new method which returns
        a single string instead of an array of objects in
        service endpoint to walk around this problem.

        Here is the message from Bryan Reese:

        Axis does not support SOAP encoding, which is the
        default of SOAP::Lite.

        I would encourage you to install SOAP::Lite 0.65_6
        from sourceforge:

        Try calling the service using the updated software via
        WSDL. If it doesn't work, I would suggest you consult
        documentation at majordojo about how to compose a
        message manually:

        http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/

        --- Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

        > You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will
        > return a reference
        > to an array which you must dereference:
        > my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....
        >
        > my @lds = @{$ref};
        >
        > Eric
        >

        > On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote:
        > Thanks. Now It doesn't
        > report error any more.
        > But the result was unexpected.
        >
        > My Perl code is like this:
        > my $ld_service =
        > SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");
        >
        > my @lds =

        $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

        > print "$#lds\n";
        > foreach $ld (@lds){
        > print
        > "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
        > }
        >
        > The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server
        > side, Java reports
        > it sent out an array of 5 objects.
        >
        > I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code,
        > since the PHP/Java
        > clients I wrote both work well.
        >
        > Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

        > 3. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > the Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service.

        http://au.local.yahoo.com
      • Eric Bridger
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2005
          The key is upgrading to version 0.65

          On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 19:35, Fei Yang wrote: I tried this and it still

          --- Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

          > You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will
          > return a reference
          > to an array which you must dereference:
          > my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....
          >
          > my @lds = @{$ref};
          >
          > Eric
          >

          > On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote:
          > Thanks. Now It doesn't
          > report error any more.
          > But the result was unexpected.
          >
          > My Perl code is like this:
          > my $ld_service =
          > SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");
          >
          > my @lds =

          $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

          > print "$#lds\n";
          > foreach $ld (@lds){
          > print
          > "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
          > }
          >
          > The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server
          > side, Java reports
          > it sent out an array of 5 objects.
          >
          > I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code,
          > since the PHP/Java
          > clients I wrote both work well.
          >
          > Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

          > 3. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > the Yahoo! Terms of
          > Service.

          http://au.local.yahoo.com

          Protocol analyzer