Re: [soaplite] newbie needs complex type help

  • Eric Bridger
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
      See the "How to nest XML elements using SOAP::Lite" post at
      http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2003_04.html.

      As pointed out there the trick is deferencing SOAP::Data objects:

      SOAP::Data->name('foo' =>
      \SOAP::Data->value(SOAP::Data->name('bar' => '123'))

      Then see: "How do you modify the root element of a request?" above there
      to see how to pass your complex data type to a sevice call.

      Eric

      On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 15:09, thomas_mackenzie78 wrote: I am trying to
      develop a perl script that calls a method on a wsdl.
      The method requires a complex type as a input.

      I understand how to call methods with simple data types (strings, etc)
      but calling a method with a complex type is very confusing to me.

      Could someone please post a sample? or direct me to a resource where I
      can learn how to call a method with a complex type.

      Thanks.