newbie needs complex type help

  • thomas_mackenzie78
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2005
      I am trying to develop a perl script that calls a method on a wsdl.
      The method requires a complex type as a input.

      I understand how to call methods with simple data types (strings, etc)
      but calling a method with a complex type is very confusing to me.

      Could someone please post a sample? or direct me to a resource where I
      can learn how to call a method with a complex type.

      Thanks.
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
        See the "How to nest XML elements using SOAP::Lite" post at
        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2003_04.html.

        As pointed out there the trick is deferencing SOAP::Data objects:

        SOAP::Data->name('foo' =>
        \SOAP::Data->value(SOAP::Data->name('bar' => '123'))

        Then see: "How do you modify the root element of a request?" above there
        to see how to pass your complex data type to a sevice call.

        Eric

        On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 15:09, thomas_mackenzie78 wrote: I am trying to