Re: Newbie question about SOAP:Lite

  • fyang1024
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
      Thanks. Now It doesn't report error any more.
      But the result was unexpected.

      My Perl code is like this:
      my $ld_service = SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");

      my @lds =
      $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

      print "$#lds\n";
      foreach $ld (@lds){
      print "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
      }

      The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server side, Java reports
      it sent out an array of 5 objects.

      I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code, since the PHP/Java
      clients I wrote both work well.

      Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
        You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will return a reference
        to an array which you must dereference:
        my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....

        my @lds = @{$ref};

        Eric

        On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote: Thanks. Now It doesn't
        report error any more.
        But the result was unexpected.

        My Perl code is like this:
        my $ld_service = SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");

        my @lds =
        $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

        print "$#lds\n";
        foreach $ld (@lds){
        print "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
        }

        The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server side, Java reports
        it sent out an array of 5 objects.

        I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code, since the PHP/Java
        clients I wrote both work well.

        Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

        Service.

      • Fei Yang
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
          I tried this and it still doesn't work.
          I have already implemented a new method which returns
          a single string instead of an array of objects in
          service endpoint to walk around this problem.

          Here is the message from Bryan Reese:

          Axis does not support SOAP encoding, which is the
          default of SOAP::Lite.

          I would encourage you to install SOAP::Lite 0.65_6
          from sourceforge:

          Try calling the service using the updated software via
          WSDL. If it doesn't work, I would suggest you consult
          documentation at majordojo about how to compose a
          message manually:

          http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/

          --- Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

          > You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will
          > return a reference
          > to an array which you must dereference:
          > my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....
          >
          > my @lds = @{$ref};
          >
          > Eric
          >

          > On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote:
          > Thanks. Now It doesn't
          > report error any more.
          > But the result was unexpected.
          >
          > My Perl code is like this:
          > my $ld_service =
          > SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");
          >
          > my @lds =

          $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

          > print "$#lds\n";
          > foreach $ld (@lds){
          > print
          > "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
          > }
          >
          > The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server
          > side, Java reports
          > it sent out an array of 5 objects.
          >
          > I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code,
          > since the PHP/Java
          > clients I wrote both work well.
          >
          > Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

          > 3. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > the Yahoo! Terms of
          > Service.

          http://au.local.yahoo.com
        • Eric Bridger
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 15, 2005
            The key is upgrading to version 0.65

            On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 19:35, Fei Yang wrote: I tried this and it still

            --- Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

            > You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will
            > return a reference
            > to an array which you must dereference:
            > my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....
            >
            > my @lds = @{$ref};
            >
            > Eric
            >

            > On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote:
            > Thanks. Now It doesn't
            > report error any more.
            > But the result was unexpected.
            >
            > My Perl code is like this:
            > my $ld_service =
            > SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");
            >
            > my @lds =

            $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

            > print "$#lds\n";
            > foreach $ld (@lds){
            > print
            > "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
            > }
            >
            > The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server
            > side, Java reports
            > it sent out an array of 5 objects.
            >
            > I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code,
            > since the PHP/Java
            > clients I wrote both work well.
            >
            > Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

            > 3. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > the Yahoo! Terms of
            > Service.

            http://au.local.yahoo.com

            Protocol analyzer