Two problems with SOAP::Lite server

  • parcelstring
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2005
      Hi

      I am trying to consume a soap::lite service using .NET but i am having
      a few problems, its probably my wsdl. WSDL file is available here
      http://bencrinion.tripod.com/SearchService.wsdl, you will need to view
      source as tripod kindly adds addvert at the bottom which messes up the
      page.

      I am trying to do a trace on the server and log the output to a file
      but its not working. It doesnt create the log file.

      Code snippet and .NET stack trace are below. Any ideas why this might
      be happening, either the no logging or the error on .NET page?

      I have a test perl client which calls the service using the wsdl and
      it works perfectly so im not sure whats going on.

      Thanks
      Ben Crinion

      #!/usr/bin/perl

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP +trace =>[ qw(all) => \&debug_log ];

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('adminsearchservice')
      -> on_action(sub{sprintf '%s/%s', @_ })
      -> handle;

      package adminsearchservice;

      sub debug_log{
      open LOGFILE,">./soap_debug.log";
      print LOGFILE $_[0] . "\n";
      close LOGFILE;
      }

      sub FindCustomers{
      my $type = shift;
      if (ref($self)){
      $self=ref($self);
      }
      my $self={ customerId=>"tring",
      vspId=>"string",
      primaryCostactId=>"string",
      companyName=>"xsd:string",
      billCycleId=>"xsd:string",
      creditCheckId=>"xsd:string",
      creditCycleLimit=>"xsd:string",
      languageId=>"xsd:string",
      currencyId=>"xsd:string",
      salesPersonId=>"xsd:string",
      status=>"xsd:string",
      costCentreId=>"xsd:string"};
      bless($self,"Customer");

      return $self;
      }

      Here is the .NET stack trace.

      [SoapHeaderException: Failed to access class (2001::XMLSchema): syntax
      error at (eval 91) line 1, near "require 2001"
      ]

      System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
      message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
      methodName, Object[] parameters)
      admin.mediadev02.Search.FindCustomersService.FindCustomers(String
      searchString) in \\mediadev02\Admin\Web References\Search\Reference.cs:40
      admin.mediadev02.AdminHome.butCreateVSP_Click(Object sender,
      EventArgs e) in \\mediadev02\admin\home.aspx.cs:124
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

      eventArgument)
      sourceControl, String eventArgument)
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()