Error: Can't call method "valueof" without a package or object reference

  • mikeburdickutah
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2005
      I get this error: "Can't call method "valueof" without a package or
      object reference".

      This line is generating the error:

      my $value = $som->valueof('//Body');

      What is the cause of this?
    • Jay A. Kreibich
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2005
        On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 06:47:13AM -0000, mikeburdickutah scratched on the wall:
        > I get this error: "Can't call method "valueof" without a package or
        > object reference".
        >
        > This line is generating the error:
        >
        > my $value = $som->valueof('//Body');
        >
        > What is the cause of this?

        Your var "$som" is not a package reference or object reference.

        How do you set the value of "$som"?

        -j

        --
        Jay A. Kreibich | CommTech, Emrg Net Tech Svcs
        jak@... | Campus IT & Edu Svcs