Problem using SOAP::SOM

  • mikeburdickutah
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm trying to use the SOAP::SOM functions like header(), body(),
      fault(), valueof....and my perl script just stops when it gets to
      these. It acts like the function can't be found. I have the line use
      SOAP::Lite in the script and it works okay.

      I have this line in my script:

      my $som=SOAP::SOM->new($response);

      and it works. Why aren't the functions working?
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2005
        On 2005-10-16 at 08:20:24 mikeburdickutah wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I'm trying to use the SOAP::SOM functions like header(), body(),
        >fault(), valueof....and my perl script just stops when it gets to
        >these. It acts like the function can't be found. I have the line use
        >SOAP::Lite in the script and it works okay.
        >
        >I have this line in my script:
        >
        >my $som=SOAP::SOM->new($response);

        Mike

        There is almost no reason why you should be doing this, trying to
        create a SOM object. You seem to have picked up from somewhere some
        incorrect ideas about how to use SOAP::Lite. I suggest reading the
        docs and the guide and cookbook at http://soaplite.com/
        In particular see

        http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/SOAP-Lite/SOAP/Lite.html#soap__som

        for how to use the SOM object.