MustUnderstand

  • aclarkdc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2001
      IBM has a chart on its DeveloperWorks site that compares the features
      of Apache SOAP, SOAP::Lite and MS SOAP Toolkit. It states that
      SOAP::Lite has no support for mustUnderstand. Is this outdated
      info? SOAP::Lite appears to support it from what I can see.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2001
        --- aclarkdc@... wrote:
        > IBM has a chart on its DeveloperWorks site that compares the
        > features
        > of Apache SOAP, SOAP::Lite and MS SOAP Toolkit. It states that
        > SOAP::Lite has no support for mustUnderstand. Is this outdated
        > info? SOAP::Lite appears to support it from what I can see.
        Pretty much so. You are able to set/get mustUnderstand attribute from
        element for a long time, but there was no support on server side to
        fail message if Header has mustUnderstand attribute equal 1 and
        header is targeted to this destination. Last version (0.50) does
        this, so this information is outdated. Full support is still ahead
        and can be claimed only when pluggable Header Processors will be
        available, so you'll be able to specify how to handle specific
        headers.

        http://buzz.yahoo.com/