Re: [soaplite] Re: POP3 MAILTO RPC

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2001
      Hi, Steeve!

      > Ok! :-) At least i find out about it now and not too late. Do you
      > have a release date for the POP3 MAILTO complete support in
      > SOAP::Lite? or at least with reponse sent in reply. Is there any
      "Underpromise and overdeliver?" :)) Ok, what I would like to do is to
      make an internal release later this week that should have this and
      some other features. "internal" means that it'll be anounced only on
      soaplite/soapbuilders lists and won't be available on CPAN, because
      some interfaces changed and three more transports should be
      available, as well as additional support for existent transports and
      I want to be sure that everything is ok (you should get the same or
      even better quality). Then after one week (you'll have time to
      complain, though I'm testing it very carefully on three different
      platforms and under different versions) I plan to make public
      release, so you should have one by the end of June (unless something
      extraordinary happens).

      > doesn't care about the transport. Interportability is going to be
      > fun! :-)
      Pretty much. I have a paper from Duffiana Jones that describes
      interop problems between SOAP::Lite and ApacheSOAP SMTP2HTTP bridge,
      and first problem is that SOAP::Lite encodes message as base64 and
      ApacheSOAP expects it in plain XML (which may or may not be right,
      considering presence of unicode characters). SOAP::Lite can handle
      both, but current version doesn't give you option to choose MIME
      encoding. Next version will (maybe it shouldn't :)). And that's only
      the first problem :(. Anyway, I'm still optimistic.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://buzz.yahoo.com/