Script "timing out"

  • jakeflag
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hello all,

      I've written a webservice to expose some underlying functionality of a
      client/server windows application. The service works and is called
      via the WSDL. The service returns an XML stream whose size depends on
      a date sent to the service. Older date returns more data, etc. My
      client is using PERL/SOAP::LITE to access the service and my script
      fails at the same place every time if the user's program asks for a
      particularly large amount of data.

      Is there some setting in PERL or SOAP::LITE that puts a cap on the
      amount of data that can be returned? When the script dies it says
      that there has been a timeout, but it seems that it's not timing out
      rather that it's simply a buffer setting.

      Much thanks,
      Jake