Re: [soaplite] Denied access to method ...

  • Kiffin Gish
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
      Cédric BOUFFLERS wrote:

      >Hello
      >
      >Your problem looks like mod_perl namespaces/packages name collisions.
      >
      >With mod_perl you have to be aware of package name collision. Mod_perl is
      >running all your script under the same PERL environment and thus they also
      >share the same symbols and package name tables. Sometimes this lead to weird
      >results if in 2 different projects and directories you have 2 packages with
      >the same namespace and package names. Mod_perl will always use the first
      >used one.
      >
      >There is a quite well explained article on that topic :
      >http://modperlbook.org/html/ch06_03.html
      >
      >I could not figure out any pretty way to solve this out yet. I guess you
      >have to rename all your namespace/package names including some sort of
      >version numbers. That's what I plan to do in my cases although it will not
      >ease readability.
      >
      >If you have any idea to solve this problem in a fast and pretty way other
      >than renaming all the namespaces/packages I'd appreciate a lot :-)
      >
      >Hope this helps.
      >
      >Best Regards,
      >Cédric

      Yes I suspected something like that.

      If I switch over to a simple cgi-script called directly under cgi-bin
      all works just fine.

      I'm still pretty confused what you mean about namespace collisions. If I
      delve deeper in the code I see that some hash value claims that the
      given dispatch is still pending whereby a catch-all permission-denied
      occurs.

      --
      Kiffin Gish
      Gouda, The Netherlands