Denied access to method ...

  • Kiffin Gish
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
      I have created a simple client and server Perl arrangement for
      SOAP::Lite using the sample code presented on the www.soaplite.com web
      page.

      I use the Apache::Registry example for mod_perl and it seems to work
      most of the time.

      However, I regularly run into the following problem on the client side:

      Fault: code='SOAP-ENV:Client', string='Denied access to method (ping) in
      class (Billing) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/SOAP/Lite.pm
      line 2267.'

      If I restart the apache server, it starts working again but after awhile
      the same problem pops up.

      Any ideas what is going wrong?

      --
      Kiffin Gish
      Development Team, Demon (THUS plc)

      Postbus 15829
      1001 NH Amsterdam
      The Netherlands

      T: +31 (0)20-422 20 00
      F: +31 (0)20-422 20 01
      M: +31 (0)6-21 83 68 28
      http://www.demon.nl
    • Cédric BOUFFLERS
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
        Hello

        Your problem looks like mod_perl namespaces/packages name collisions.

        With mod_perl you have to be aware of package name collision. Mod_perl is
        running all your script under the same PERL environment and thus they also
        share the same symbols and package name tables. Sometimes this lead to weird
        results if in 2 different projects and directories you have 2 packages with
        the same namespace and package names. Mod_perl will always use the first
        used one.

        There is a quite well explained article on that topic :
        http://modperlbook.org/html/ch06_03.html

        I could not figure out any pretty way to solve this out yet. I guess you
        have to rename all your namespace/package names including some sort of
        version numbers. That's what I plan to do in my cases although it will not
        ease readability.

        If you have any idea to solve this problem in a fast and pretty way other
        than renaming all the namespaces/packages I'd appreciate a lot :-)

        Hope this helps.

        Best Regards,
        Cédric

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Kiffin Gish
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
          Cédric BOUFFLERS wrote:

          >Hello
          >
          >Your problem looks like mod_perl namespaces/packages name collisions.
          >
          >With mod_perl you have to be aware of package name collision. Mod_perl is
          >running all your script under the same PERL environment and thus they also
          >share the same symbols and package name tables. Sometimes this lead to weird
          >results if in 2 different projects and directories you have 2 packages with
          >the same namespace and package names. Mod_perl will always use the first
          >used one.
          >
          >There is a quite well explained article on that topic :
          >http://modperlbook.org/html/ch06_03.html
          >
          >I could not figure out any pretty way to solve this out yet. I guess you
          >have to rename all your namespace/package names including some sort of
          >version numbers. That's what I plan to do in my cases although it will not
          >ease readability.
          >
          >If you have any idea to solve this problem in a fast and pretty way other
          >than renaming all the namespaces/packages I'd appreciate a lot :-)
          >
          >Hope this helps.
          >
          >Best Regards,
          >Cédric

          Yes I suspected something like that.

          If I switch over to a simple cgi-script called directly under cgi-bin
          all works just fine.

          I'm still pretty confused what you mean about namespace collisions. If I
          delve deeper in the code I see that some hash value claims that the
          given dispatch is still pending whereby a catch-all permission-denied
          occurs.

          --
          Kiffin Gish
          Gouda, The Netherlands