Making soat lite client and server working

  • javareigns
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hello,
      I am having a problem of making a simple client and server program
      working. Client programs accessing those sites provided in the
      tutorial examples work, but somehow it does not work for my own server.

      Here's my server side code: (on SunOS 5.9 running Apache)
      ====hibye.cgi==========
      #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;

      package Demo;
      sub hi { return "hello, world"; }
      sub bye { return "goodbye, cruel world"; }

      Here's my client side code: (on Linux)
      ======hibye.pl========
      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      ->uri('urn:Demo')
      ->proxy('http://..../cgi-bin/gdr/hibye.cgi');

      my $response = $service->hi(); # line 9

      When I run the client code, I get the following error:
      400 Bad Request at hibye.pl line 9

      Any idea what's wrong?
      Is there any server side configuration needed for Apache to work with
      soap lite other than installing the module?

      Many thanks,

      cho