  • Ray Rizzuto
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16 1:43 PM
      Paul,

      Is there a way for the server to get the IP address of the client if the transport is tcp or http?  For http, can I get access to the environment variables, such as REMOTE_USER?

      Is there a mechanism to "filter" requests in the server so that I can use the client address to limit access to local addresses?

      Can a server be also a client?  I.e. can I serve up an an object that makes use of other remote SOAP objects to handle the request?

      Ray

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16 1:59 PM
        Hi, Ray!
        --- Ray Rizzuto <ray.rizzuto@...> wrote:
        > Is there a way for the server to get the IP address of the client
        > if the
        > transport is tcp or http? For http, can I get access to the
        > environment variables, such as REMOTE_USER?
        Definitely. Exactly as from CGI app. No restrictions.

        > Is there a mechanism to "filter" requests in the server so that I
        > can use the client address to limit access to local addresses?
        You may check IP and "die" in your application if something is wrong.
        Client will get message from die.

        > Can a server be also a client? I.e. can I serve up an an object
        > that makes use of other remote SOAP objects to handle the request?
        Absolutely. Actually SOAP::Lite should be already loaded, so just
        make new object and fire your request as you usually do from client
        side.

        You should be able to do everything you'd like to and there is no
        limitation on server side. You MAY have difficulties in returning
        objects (they MAY be non serializable, like filehandles), but module
        implements and serializes everything that could be serialized as far
        as I understand Perl. Let me know if you find any restrictions or
        limitations.

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Ray Rizzuto
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17 5:50 AM
          Paul,

          If I'm using SOAP::TRANSPORT::HTTP::Daemon or SOAP::TRANSPORT::TCP,
          how can I get the IP address?

          Can I get CGI variables if I'm running SOAP::TRANSPORT::HTTP::Daemon?

          Is there a way to filter at the server level without modifying the
          object being served? I.e. once I call the handle function, I don't
          get "control" till my method's are called. I want to have a filter
          which is called by handle before the actual class is called.

          Ray