SOAP::Lite Install with mod_perl on RH3 Enterprise?

  • w1ntermute03
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2005
      Hi,
      Trying to do this on a RedHat 3 Enterprise box - I want to run it with
      Apache/mod_perl, but when I specify that in the makefile process I get:

      Warning: prerequisite Apache 0 not found.

      I know mod_perl is installed, via rpm in this case
      (mod_perl-1.99_09-10.ent) When I list the RPM contents don't find an
      Apache.pm, but rather an Apache2.pm (I am using Apache 2.0.46) I try
      including it anyway:

      perl -I
      /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache2.pm
      Makefile.PL

      But still the same error?!

      There is also an /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CGI/Apache.pm on the system, but
      including that doesn't help either. Any other ideas?
      Thanks
      Eric
    • Aaron Trevena
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2005
        On 9/15/05, w1ntermute03 <ergeorge@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Trying to do this on a RedHat 3 Enterprise box - I want to run it with
        > Apache/mod_perl, but when I specify that in the makefile process I get:
        >
        > Warning: prerequisite Apache 0 not found.
        >
        > I know mod_perl is installed, via rpm in this case
        > (mod_perl-1.99_09-10.ent) When I list the RPM contents don't find an
        > Apache.pm, but rather an Apache2.pm (I am using Apache 2.0.46) I try
        > including it anyway:
        >
        > perl -I
        > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache2.pm
        > Makefile.PL
        >
        > But still the same error?!
        >
        > There is also an /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CGI/Apache.pm on the system, but
        > including that doesn't help either. Any other ideas?

        Looks like you have neither Modperl 1 or 2 installed - there were some
        API changes between 1.99 and 2.x.

        My suggestion is to either build your own apache/mod_perl from scratch
        or maybe upgrade.

        If you don't want to change your current setup, I think RHEL3 will
        have mod_proxy installed so you could proxy an apache1.3 with matching
        mod_perl behind for your soap stuff, failing that you could hack
        SOAP::Lite to use Apache2.

        Cheers,

        A.