RE: [soaplite] HELP! Need a complete example of server/client

  • Edwards, Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2005

      Tiger Chen,

         I recently did what you are doing.  I found excerpts from the O’Reilly book Web Services Essentials to be most helpful – particularly Chapter 6.  I have found this available on several websites, but one of them is http://www.developer.com/services/article.php/10928_1602051_1 (google “soap::lite web services wsdl glue”).  There were some very helpful links on that page as well – follow them.   In my case, I was looking to duplicate a set of web services on both a .Net Server and a Linux Server to be consumed by a .Net client.  I used Visual Studio to develop the .Net services and, eventually the WSDL for those services.  I found that to be a most helpful guide when I wrote the WSDL for my SOAP::Lite web services.  It took me about 3 weeks to go from knowing nothing about web services to having a set of web services for both .Net and SOAP::Lite that could pass arrays of complex types as well as simple types to and from the client (oh – and did I mention that I had to learn Perl in the process?).  It was challenging, but most gratifying.  Good luck.

      Mark