Invoking Web service from SOAP Lite

  • Sagitha George
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2005

      Hi All

      I am trying to call a webservice from a very very simple perl script. But the script jsut does nothing at the SOAP::Lite->service call

      use SOAP::Lite;
      print "Connecting to Self Care...\n";
      my $contactsService = SOAP::Lite -> uri('http://www.telenet.be/selfcare/SelfCareService') -> service('http://10.0.48.216:8055/selfcare/SelfCareService');
      #   -> sayHello ('World');
      print "Successfully Connected to Self Care...\n";

      Scripts never reaches the "print "Successfully Connected to Self Care...\n";" command. I am able to view the exposed methods via a browser so there should be a missing link problem

      Could one of you help out as to what I must be missing out ??

      Regards
      Sagitha

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Sagitha George
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2005
        Hi All

        on debugging my perl script, this is what I find ...kindly help me out, this is critical

        Constant name 'URI_1999_SCHEMA_XSD' has unknown problems at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 291
                constant::import('constant','URI_1999_SCHEMA_XSD','http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 291
                SOAP::Constants::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/constant.pm line 291
                eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/constant.pm line 291
                require SOAP/Lite.pm called at soap_test.pl line 3
                main::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/constant.pm line 291
                eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/constant.pm line 291
        main::(soap_test.pl:5): print "Connecting to Self Care...\n";

        rgds
        Sagitha