Re: [soaplite] SOAP::SOM::parts() not returning ref to list of MIME::Entity

  • Pieter Neerincx
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
      On 4-Aug-2005, at 9:40 PM, Duncan Cameron wrote:

      > At 2005-08-03, 23:22:57 you wrote:
      >

      >> Hello,
      >>
      >> I am trying to remove the SOAP::MIME from my Application since I
      >> am using
      >> version 0.60-2, but I am not able to do it.
      >>
      >> The SOAP::SOM object with a MIME attachment is passed nicely to
      >> the remote
      >> procedure as I can see if I dump it to log, but when I call
      >> 'parts' on
      >> it, it returns an emtpy value rather than the expected array ref.
      >> When
      >> I put back the 'use SOAP::MIME;', it works again. Have I
      >> misunderstood
      >> that SOAP::MIME should be incorporated in this version?
      >>
      >> Below snippet fails on the 'parts' call(unles I 'use SOAP::MIME;':
      >>
      >> sub submit_result {
      >> shift; # Package name, may be including
      >> package if called from SOAP
      >> my ( $request_id, $filter_result, $output ) = @_;
      >> $log->msg( 0, "Before attachment conditional for
      >> submit_result." );
      >> if (ref $output eq 'SOAP::SOM' ){
      >> $log->msg( 0, "Inside attachment conditional for
      >> submit_result." );
      >> use Data::Dumper;
      >> $log->msg( 0, Dumper($output) );
      >> foreach my $part (@{ $output->parts() }) {
      >> $output = $$part->bodyhandle->as_string;
      >> }
      >> } # Else content var is set.
      >>
      >> ------------------
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >>
      >> Judith
      >>
      > Hi Judith
      >
      > I found a problem with S::L 0.65 not handling attachments on the
      > server.You can see the previous post here
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/4123
      >
      > The patch was quite small but it may not be straightforward to
      > apply it to a different S::L version. If you want to upgrade then
      > let me know and I can send you the patch.
      >
      > Duncan

      Hi Judith,

      I haven't got a solution for you :(. I've got the same problem
      though, so you are not alone.
      However I can't get the functionality back with SOAP::MIME (Tried
      0.55-7 from CPAN).
      I'm using:
      SOAP::Lite 0.60a from CPAN
      MIME::Tools 6.200_02 from www.zeegee.com (not available at CPAN)

      I also tried SOAP::Lite 0.65_6 with MIME::Tools 6.200_02, but then my
      services fail even without attachments (and with the same errors as
      when I try to add SOAP::MIME ). Could you tell me which versions of
      the modules work for you? I would be really happy to have something
      that works at all. With or without SOAP::MIME. I would also be
      interested to know if Duncan's patch works for you if you have tried
      it. After putting a lot of additional lines with debugging info into
      S::L it really looks to me like a client side MIME parsing problem.
      With +trace I do see that the MIME message is recieved by the client
      and it looks fine as far as I can tell, but S::L runs into trouble
      trying to parse it turning it into a SOAP::SOM object. Haven't been
      able to path S::L, to make it work though :(.

      Thanks,

      Pieter
    • Judith Lebzelter
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
        On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Duncan Cameron wrote:
        > Hi Judith
        >
        > I found a problem with S::L 0.65 not handling attachments on the server.You can see the previous post here
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/4123

        This message does not have the patch attached, and it is last in
        the thread.:( Can you forward the patch?

        Thanks;
        Judith