SOAP::SOM::parts() not returning ref to list of MIME::Entity

  • Judith Lebzelter
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      Hello,

      I am trying to remove the SOAP::MIME from my Application since I am using
      version 0.60-2, but I am not able to do it.

      The SOAP::SOM object with a MIME attachment is passed nicely to the remote
      procedure as I can see if I dump it to log, but when I call 'parts' on
      it, it returns an emtpy value rather than the expected array ref. When
      I put back the 'use SOAP::MIME;', it works again. Have I misunderstood
      that SOAP::MIME should be incorporated in this version?

      Below snippet fails on the 'parts' call(unles I 'use SOAP::MIME;':

      sub submit_result {
      shift; # Package name, may be including package if called from SOAP
      my ( $request_id, $filter_result, $output ) = @_;
      $log->msg( 0, "Before attachment conditional for submit_result." );
      if (ref $output eq 'SOAP::SOM' ){
      $log->msg( 0, "Inside attachment conditional for submit_result." );
      use Data::Dumper;
      $log->msg( 0, Dumper($output) );
      foreach my $part (@{ $output->parts() }) {
      $output = $$part->bodyhandle->as_string;
      }
      } # Else content var is set.

      ------------------

      Thanks,

      Judith
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2005
        At 2005-08-03, 23:22:57 you wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >I am trying to remove the SOAP::MIME from my Application since I am using
        >version 0.60-2, but I am not able to do it.
        >
        >The SOAP::SOM object with a MIME attachment is passed nicely to the remote
        >procedure as I can see if I dump it to log, but when I call 'parts' on
        >it, it returns an emtpy value rather than the expected array ref. When
        >I put back the 'use SOAP::MIME;', it works again. Have I misunderstood
        >that SOAP::MIME should be incorporated in this version?
        >
        >Below snippet fails on the 'parts' call(unles I 'use SOAP::MIME;':
        >
        >sub submit_result {
        > shift; # Package name, may be including package if called from SOAP
        > my ( $request_id, $filter_result, $output ) = @_;
        > $log->msg( 0, "Before attachment conditional for submit_result." );
        > if (ref $output eq 'SOAP::SOM' ){
        > $log->msg( 0, "Inside attachment conditional for submit_result." );
        > use Data::Dumper;
        > $log->msg( 0, Dumper($output) );
        > foreach my $part (@{ $output->parts() }) {
        > $output = $$part->bodyhandle->as_string;
        > }
        > } # Else content var is set.

        The patch was quite small but it may not be straightforward to apply it to a different S::L version. If you want to upgrade then let me know and I can send you the patch.

        Duncan
      • Pieter Neerincx
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
          On 4-Aug-2005, at 9:40 PM, Duncan Cameron wrote:

          > At 2005-08-03, 23:22:57 you wrote:
          >

          >> Hello,
          >>
          >> I am trying to remove the SOAP::MIME from my Application since I
          >> am using
          >> version 0.60-2, but I am not able to do it.
          >>
          >> The SOAP::SOM object with a MIME attachment is passed nicely to
          >> the remote
          >> procedure as I can see if I dump it to log, but when I call
          >> 'parts' on
          >> it, it returns an emtpy value rather than the expected array ref.
          >> When
          >> I put back the 'use SOAP::MIME;', it works again. Have I
          >> misunderstood
          >> that SOAP::MIME should be incorporated in this version?
          >>
          >> Below snippet fails on the 'parts' call(unles I 'use SOAP::MIME;':
          >>
          >> sub submit_result {
          >> shift; # Package name, may be including
          >> package if called from SOAP
          >> my ( $request_id, $filter_result, $output ) = @_;
          >> $log->msg( 0, "Before attachment conditional for
          >> submit_result." );
          >> if (ref $output eq 'SOAP::SOM' ){
          >> $log->msg( 0, "Inside attachment conditional for
          >> submit_result." );
          >> use Data::Dumper;
          >> $log->msg( 0, Dumper($output) );
          >> foreach my $part (@{ $output->parts() }) {
          >> $output = $$part->bodyhandle->as_string;
          >> }
          >> } # Else content var is set.
          >>
          >> ------------------
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >>
          >> Judith
          >>
          > Hi Judith
          >
          > I found a problem with S::L 0.65 not handling attachments on the
          > server.You can see the previous post here
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/4123
          >
          > The patch was quite small but it may not be straightforward to
          > apply it to a different S::L version. If you want to upgrade then
          > let me know and I can send you the patch.
          >
          > Duncan

          Hi Judith,

          I haven't got a solution for you :(. I've got the same problem
          though, so you are not alone.
          However I can't get the functionality back with SOAP::MIME (Tried
          0.55-7 from CPAN).
          I'm using:
          SOAP::Lite 0.60a from CPAN
          MIME::Tools 6.200_02 from www.zeegee.com (not available at CPAN)

          I also tried SOAP::Lite 0.65_6 with MIME::Tools 6.200_02, but then my
          services fail even without attachments (and with the same errors as
          when I try to add SOAP::MIME ). Could you tell me which versions of
          the modules work for you? I would be really happy to have something
          that works at all. With or without SOAP::MIME. I would also be
          interested to know if Duncan's patch works for you if you have tried
          it. After putting a lot of additional lines with debugging info into
          S::L it really looks to me like a client side MIME parsing problem.
          With +trace I do see that the MIME message is recieved by the client
          and it looks fine as far as I can tell, but S::L runs into trouble
          trying to parse it turning it into a SOAP::SOM object. Haven't been
          able to path S::L, to make it work though :(.

          Thanks,

          Pieter
        • Judith Lebzelter
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
            On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Duncan Cameron wrote:
            > Hi Judith
            >
            > I found a problem with S::L 0.65 not handling attachments on the server.You can see the previous post here
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/message/4123

            This message does not have the patch attached, and it is last in
            the thread.:( Can you forward the patch?

            Thanks;
            Judith