Re: SOAP::Lite client for Axis WebService and complex objects

  • Andre Merzky
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
      Could you repost the question please?

      A.

      Quoting [gernot_stocker] (Jul 20 2005):

      > Hi,
      > is the answer to my questions to simple or is there no
      > answer? It IS REALLY important for my project to solve
      > this serializer problem as soon as possible. I tried to
      > find a solution in the recommended book "Programming Web Services with
      > Perl" which seems to be not up-to-date enough.
      >
      > Please give me a hint at least in a driection,
      > Gernot

      | Andre Merzky | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
      | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
      | Dept. of Computer Science | mail: merzky@... |
      | De Boelelaan 1083a | www: http://www.merzky.net |
      | 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands | |
    • gernot_stocker
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
        Shure... I just copied the text from my former post:
        Thanks for your interest
        Gernot

        Old message:

        Hi all,
        I have implemented a webservice with Java Axis and would like to offer
        my users a perl client, too. Some other people asked already questions
        about serializing java objects etc. on this list but they didn't get
        an answer.

        I have just ONE specific question about creating/sending a SOAP/Java
        Object back to the server. Hopefully THIS question will be answered.

        I'm using SOAP::Lite version 0.65 Beta 6 and was quite impressed by
        its functionality and its easy usage.

        I tried two ways of creating out of the wsdl file (created by axis)
        end ended up all the time with the same message:

        1.) I used the stubmaker.pl and it created me a great class:
        connecting to the service, calling methods with simple datatypes as
        arguments and getting/accessing complex objects is working fine. But
        as soon as I get an object from the server that must be send back to
        the server the client is claming that

        "JavaObjectName" can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'

        The object schema in the wsdl-type-definition and contains just
        simple datatypes like strings. Do I have to write a serializer for
        every custom object or is there just an error in the wsdl file?

        <wsdl:types>
        <schema targetNamespace="urn:JTestVO"
        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
        <import namespace="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"/>
        <import namespace="http://ejb.javax"/>
        <import namespace="http://exception.myservice.localhost"/>
        <import namespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/myservice"/>
        <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
        <complexType name="JTestVO">
        <sequence>
        <element name="firstname" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
        <element name="lastname" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
        </sequence>
        </complexType>
        </schema>
        </wsdl:types>

        results in
        "JTestVO" can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'

        2.) Method

        use strict;
        use SOAP::Lite;
        use Data::Dumper;
        use MIME::Entity;
        print "Calling Soap Server:\n\n";
        my $service=SOAP::Lite->service('file:./Test.xml.wsdl');
        my $id_vo=$service->getData("123123");
        print "\nTest: ".$id_vo->{"firstname"};
        my $cap=$service->getCapabilities($id_vo);

        as soon as the last method is called I get again:
        "JTestVO" can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'

        Please give me a hint where I can find further information or how i
        can create a custom object, which will be accepted by the webservice.

        Thanks Gernot
      • Andre Merzky
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
          I am not good at WSDL files, but it seems to me it is
          missing a port type and operation. So, it does not specify
          what methods can be called. Wouldn't that be crucial?

          e.g. 'getCapabilities' does not appear in your wsdl.

          But then, as said, I could be completely of target...

          Andre.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
            On Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:11, Andre Merzky wrote:
            > I am not good at WSDL files, but it seems to me it is
            > missing a port type and operation.  So, it does not specify
            > what methods can be called.  Wouldn't that be crucial?
            >
            > e.g. 'getCapabilities' does not appear in your wsdl.

            I included in the problem description just the relevant type part of
            the wsdl, not the complete wsdl where also the getCapabilities()
            method is defined. This method was just an example which gets
            such a JTestVO as a parameter.

            Should I send a complete WSDL file of the test service?

            Thanks Gernot
            --
            Gernot Stocker,
            Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics(IGB)
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
              Could you please? As said, I am not fit in WSDL, but I
              could throw a second pairs of eyes on it ;-)

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
                On Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:38, Andre Merzky wrote:
                > Could you please? As said, I am not fit in WSDL, but I
                > could throw a second pairs of eyes on it ;-)

                Hi,
                I have attached the WSDL generated by axis after deploying it with the following
                axis deployment descriptor:

                <deployment
                xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
                <service name="TestService" provider="java:EJB">
                <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="AxisServiceBean" />
                <parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="at.tugraz.genome.testservice.AxisServiceBeanHome" />
                <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="at.tugraz.genome.testservice.AxisService" />
                <parameter name="jndiURL" value="jnp://localhost:1099"/>
                <parameter name="jndiContextClass" value="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"/>
                <beanMapping qname="myNS:JTestVO" xmlns:myNS="urn:JTestVO" languageSpecificType="java:at.tugraz.genome.testservice.JTestVO" />
                </service>
                </deployment>

                If this problem can/will be solved I would provide the complete code of the axis/java/perl
                TestService-project and a short howto. Then other people don't have to struggle like me.

                Thanks Gernot
                --
                Gernot Stocker,
                Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics(IGB)
                Petersgasse 14, 8010 Graz, Austria
                Tel.: ++43 316 873 5345
                http://genome.tugraz.at
              • Michael Rasmussen
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 20, 2005
                  Hi Gernot,

                  > Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:32:38 +0200
                  > From: Gernot Stocker <gernot.stocker@...>
                  > Subject: Re: SOAP::Lite client for Axis WebService and complex
                  > objects

                  <wsdl:message name="getCapabilitiesResponse">

                  <wsdl:part name="getCapabilitiesReturn" type="apachesoap:Vector"/>

                  </wsdl:message>

                  <wsdl:output name="getCapabilitiesResponse">
                  <wsdlsoap:body
                  namespace="http://localhost:8080/csaxis/services/
                  TestService" use="encoded"/>
                  </wsdl:output>

                  I think your problem lies here. As fare as I know the SOAP XSD does not
                  discribe a datatype Vector. And as you might well have noticed you are
                  using a bean serializer to handle the data type in which case you can
                  only use clients written i Java also. The data type Vector is a native
                  Java data type holding native Java objects. My best guess would be that
                  you chose one of the string collection data types. E.g StringArray.
                  These all have a 1-1 mapping with a SOAP data type
                  <complexType name="JTestVO">
                  <sequence>
                  <element name="firstname" nillable="true" type="soapenc:string"/>
                  <element name="lastname" nillable="true" type="soapenc:string"/>
                  </sequence>
                  </complexType>

                  <complexType name="JTestVOs">
                  <complexContent>
                  <restriction base="SOAP-ENC:Array">
                  <attribute ref="SOAP-ENC:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="tnsl:JTestVO[]"/

                  </restriction>
                  </complexContent>
                  </complexType>

                  --
                  Hilsen/Regards
                  Michael Rasmussen

                  Get my public GnuPG keys:
                  michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
                  http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
                  mir <at> datanom <dot> net
                  http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
                  mir <at> miras <dot> org
                  http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
                  Seen above a urinal in the men's room at ETSU: Anyone can pee on the
                  floor.
                  Be a hero: crap on the ceiling.
                • gernot_stocker
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 21, 2005
                    Hi Michael,
                    from my point of view the return value of the response should not have
                    to do anything with the serializer of the JTestVO. But just to be
                    shure I introduced an additional method which just returns a simple
                    string:

                    <wsdl:message name="getSimpleCapabilitiesRequest">
                    <wsdl:part name="in0" type="tns1:JTestVO"/>
                    </wsdl:message>
                    [...]
                    <wsdl:message name="getSimpleCapabilitiesResponse">
                    <wsdl:part name="getSimpleCapabilitiesReturn"
                    type="soapenc:string"/>
                    </wsdl:message>
                    [...]
                    <wsdl:operation name="getSimpleCapabilities" parameterOrder="in0">

                    <wsdl:input message="impl:getSimpleCapabilitiesRequest"
                    name="getSimpleCapabilitiesRequest"/>

                    <wsdl:output message="impl:getSimpleCapabilitiesResponse"
                    name="getSimpleCapabilitiesResponse"/>

                    </wsdl:operation>
                    [...]
                    <wsdl:operation name="getSimpleCapabilities">

                    <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>

                    <wsdl:input name="getSimpleCapabilitiesRequest">

                    <wsdlsoap:body
                    namespace="http://testservice.genome.tugraz.at" use="encoded"/>

                    </wsdl:input>

                    <wsdl:output name="getSimpleCapabilitiesResponse">

                    <wsdlsoap:body
                    namespace="http://localhost:8080/csaxis/services/TestService"
                    use="encoded"/>

                    </wsdl:output>

                    </wsdl:operation>

                    The result was unfortunately exactly the same:
                    Type 'JTestVO' can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'

                    --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Michael Rasmussen <mir@m...> wrote:
                    [...]
                    > <wsdl:output name="getCapabilitiesResponse">
                    > <wsdlsoap:body
                    > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
                    > namespace="http://localhost:8080/csaxis/services/
                    > TestService" use="encoded"/>
                    > </wsdl:output>
                    >
                    > I think your problem lies here. As fare as I know the SOAP XSD does
                    not
                    > discribe a datatype Vector. And as you might well have noticed you are
                    > using a bean serializer to handle the data type in which case you can
                    > only use clients written i Java also. The data type Vector is a native
                    > Java data type holding native Java objects. My best guess would be
                    that
                    > you chose one of the string collection data types. E.g StringArray.
                    > These all have a 1-1 mapping with a SOAP data type

                    I've already seen that people could deserialize vectros, but I agree
                    if this would be the problem, it could be solved soon. But
                    unfortunately as the getSimpleCapabilities method(see above) shows,
                    that that it's not the case. The problem seem to be in the serializer
                    and not in the deserializer.

                    Any other ideas?

                    Thanks,
                    Gernot
                  • haltarac
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 22, 2005
                      Gernot,

                      There are already a couple of bugs opened regarding that problem on
                      SourceForge:

                      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1196592&group_id=66000&atid=513017
                      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1230022&group_id=66000&atid=513017

                      It looks like the parameter serialization loop in the generated stub
                      is using a generic serializer that has no idea about your schema
                      definitions.

                      I added this line in the stub:
                      print "BEFORE call to as_method:" . Dumper($self->serializer);
                      before:
                      my $method = 'as_'.$typename;
                      my $result = $self->serializer->$method($param, $template->name,
                      $template->type, $template->attr);

                      My parameter template (in the stub code) looks like:
                      parameters => [
                      SOAP::Data->new(name => 'who', type => 'tns:XYZ', attr => {}),

                      And the dump does not show anything relating to my XYZ type:

                      BEFORE call to as_method:$VAR1 = bless( {
                      '_typelookup' => {
                      'int' => [
                      20,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_int'
                      ],
                      'time' => [
                      70,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_time'
                      ],
                      'date' => [
                      60,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_date'
                      ],
                      'gYear' => [
                      45,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_gYear'
                      ],
                      'string' => [
                      100,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_string'
                      ],
                      'dateTime' => [
                      75,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_dateTime'
                      ],
                      'boolean' => [
                      90,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_boolean'
                      ],
                      'float' => [
                      30,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_float'
                      ],
                      'anyURI' => [
                      95,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_anyURI'
                      ],
                      'long' => [
                      25,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_long'
                      ],
                      'gDay' => [
                      40,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_gDay'
                      ],
                      'gMonthDay' => [
                      50,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_gMonthDay'
                      ],
                      'gYearMonth' => [
                      55,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_gYearMonth'
                      ],
                      'duration' => [
                      80,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_duration'
                      ],
                      'base64Binary' => [
                      10,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_base64Binary'
                      ],
                      'gMonth' => [
                      35,
                      sub { "DUMMY" },
                      'as_gMonth'
                      ]
                      },
                      '_encodingStyle' =>
                      'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/',
                      '_objectstack' => {},
                      '_level' => 0,
                      '_signature' => [],
                      '_soapversion' => '1.1',
                      '_maptype' => {},
                      '_namespaces' => {
                      'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
                      => 'xsd',

                      'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/' => 'soapenc',

                      'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' => 'xsi',

                      'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' => 'soap'
                      },
                      '_seen' => {},
                      '_attr' => {

                      '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}encodingStyle' =>
                      'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'
                      },
                      '_multirefinplace' => 0,
                      '_on_nonserialized' => sub { "DUMMY" },
                      '_xmlschema' => 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema',
                      '_use_prefix' => 1,
                      '_readable' => 0,
                      '_encoding' => 'UTF-8',
                      '_autotype' => 1
                      }, 'SOAP::Serializer' );

                      And of course, the usual error message:
                      Type 'XYZ' can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'

                      Henri

                      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "gernot_stocker"