timeouts when sending data to a .NET/IIS service

  • ncc7719ims
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      I'm a new user of SOAP::Lite, and I've run into an interesting
      problem. I'm trying to interface with a service for receiving file
      uploads. In my current implementation I send chunks of data using an
      AppendFile method, and so long as I keep the chunk size quite small (<
      1KB or so) it works fine, albeit inefficiently. Above that threshold,
      I get read timeouts waiting for my response.

      Clearly there's something gone awry, as I get a response within a
      second or so when calling AppendFile with a chunk less than 1KB, and
      just a few bytes more means I don't get a response after 3 minutes.
      Are there some known issues with servers running on .NET on IIS? Some
      parameters somewhere I need to tweak?