Wide character in print - kanji fails

  • Brad Miele
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2005
      Hi,

      I am writing a webservice that has to pass kanji to a
      translator(Systrans). This is failing, looking at trace i see:

      Wide character in print at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2542.

      the kanji data that is in the envelope doesn't look like i would
      expect it to if it was utf-8, but i am too much of a novice with
      encoding to know for sure.

      I am using apache2/mod_perl and am mostly looking for things to try. i
      am not sure at this point if the problem may be in the mod_perl/apache
      reading the request or SOAP::Lite.

      thanks,
      --
      Brad Miele