My own deserializer?

  • dwdrummer959
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hi,
      How would I go about writing my own deserializer? I've seen the
      example for the serializer, but that doesn't seem to help me very
      much.

      Any help would be grrrreatly appreciated!

      Thanks
      -Scott
    • Andre Merzky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2005
        I append an example, although I am not sure if it helps your
        specific cause... This specific one translate from literal
        to soap encoding on the fly. Its not well tested, and cares
        only about Lists/Arrays right now. However, its possibly
        not what you want: it fixes the received XML, and then falls
        back to the default deserializer... (serializer does sam:
        default serializer, then fix XML...).

        You use it with:

        my $dispatch = {'GridPerls_TestService' => "GridPerls::TestService"};

        my $serializer = GridPerls::Base::Serializer->new ();
        my $deserializer = GridPerls::Base::Deserializer->new ();

        my $server = new SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI ( );

        $server -> dispatch_with ($dispatch)
        -> serializer ($serializer)
        -> deserializer ($deserializer)
        -> handle ();

        Hope that helps,

        Cheers, Andre.

        Quoting [dwdrummer959] (Jun 13 2005):

        > Hi,
        > How would I go about writing my own deserializer? I've seen the
        > example for the serializer, but that doesn't seem to help me very
        > much.
        >
        > Any help would be grrrreatly appreciated!
        >
        > Thanks
        > -Scott

        | Andre Merzky | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
        | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
        | Dept. of Computer Science | mail: merzky@... |
        | De Boelelaan 1083a | www: http://www.merzky.net |
        | 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands | |