Perl class proxying

  • Paul Hampson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2005
      I might have the stick by the wrong end here, so please tell me if I'm
      wrong...

      I'm trying to make a set of classes available from a SOAP server. The
      idea being that you call Base->GetCustomer() and it returns a
      Base::Customer, which you can call various things on, including
      GetAccount, which returns Base::Account.

      I can happily return the appropriate blessed class (from GetCustomer) but I
      was kind of hoping I'd get a stub function or two created for me (even an
      AUTODISPATCH) so I could just call into the class like it wasn't remote.
      That's the idea, right?

      Anyway, I'm either going about this wrong, or need to create myself another
      SOAP::Lite object for each class type I can get back... I'm on 0.60-2 from
      Debian/testing, so maybe this's been changed in 0.65?

      Anyway, if it's not already done, would it be a bad idea to change SOAP::Lite
      to return a new SOAP::Lite object with a changed URI for the new blessing?
      (I realise this probably conflicts with the deprecation of URI, but I'm
      not good enough with SOAP yet to understand the meaning of that change.)

      --
      Paul "TBBle" Hampson
      Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)

      It is well to remember that the entire
      universe, with one trifling exception,
      is composed of others.
      -- John Andrew Holmes