SOAP::Lite strings with national characters is encoded as base64Binary

  • Ask Holme
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2005
      Hey

      I got a SOAP::Lite based server which communicates with a java client,
      most of the communication work well - however at one point the server is
      sending the client a hash containing some data. If one of the values in
      this hash contains one of the danish national characters (æ,ø or å) the
      value will be send as base64Binary instead of as s string. The problem
      exists whereever the string is encoded as iso-8859-1(5) or as UTF8. Can
      anybody tell me howto force this to be encoded as a string ?.

      --
      Ask Holme
    • eric-amick@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2005
        > I got a SOAP::Lite based server which communicates with a java client,
        > most of the communication work well - however at one point the server is
        > sending the client a hash containing some data. If one of the values in
        > this hash contains one of the danish national characters (�,� or �) the
        > value will be send as base64Binary instead of as s string. The problem
        > exists whereever the string is encoded as iso-8859-1(5) or as UTF8. Can
        > anybody tell me howto force this to be encoded as a string ?.

        Assuming $text contains the string value, you need to use the following:

        SOAP::Data->type(string => $text)

        By default, SOAP::Lite's data type auto-recognition routines expect strings to be in ASCII.

        --
        Eric Amick
        Columbia, MD