Element 'Xml.....' can't be allowed in valid XML message. DIED

  • Arjun Ramamurthy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2005
      Hello,

      How do you get around this problem ?

      THe vendor supplied SOAP:server expects a message like
      <SOAP:Envelope>
      <SOAP:Body>
      <XmlScedRemoteCommand xmlns="http://scheduall.com/webservices"/
      <xmlCmd> string </xmlCmd>
      </XmlScedRemoteCommand>

      </SOAP:Body>
      </Soap:Envelope>

      When i form my message in SOAP::Lite, as the "xml....." is reserved,
      it dies with the message
      Element 'XmlScedRemoteCommand' can't be allowed in valid XML message. DIED

      How would I rename the method ?
    • Merten Schumann
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2005
        well, I was in the position to be able to change the server side's code
        :-)

        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2005
          You let your vendor know that the message they expect is invalid per
          XML specification. XmlCmd is not allowed either.

          > How would I rename the method ?

          Depends on how this name is specified in your code (directly or
          through WSDL).

          You can always modify the source code and disable this check, but I'd
          advise against doing this.

          Paul.