problems with large attachments

  • huckyn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2005
      Hallo there.
      My problem is in fact relative, yet still a problem.
      I have a SOAP::Lite Server (SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI,
      SOAP::Packager::MIME) which works quite fine.
      This small server is actually just a FILE dispatcher, which receives
      file requests and returns the requested file as an attachment.
      Since some time ago, it has to dispatch certain files, almost 1 MB
      size large... is that too huge?
      Somewhere I read that someone had a problem, with files up to 130
      MB... my files are smaller...
      what can I do about that?
      I tried to resolve it myself, but I cannot dig anymore within the
      SOAP::Lite, SOAP::Packager or SOAP::Transport::HTTP codes.
      Have I got to change something in the
      $SOAP::Constants::MAX_CONTENT_SIZE variable? or in my Apache Server
      Configuration?

      Please I need help!!!!

      Neidisch.
    • Delfim Machado
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2005
        if you are using apache, look here for LimitRequest*
        or

        is there any errors on your apache log?

        On May 18, 2005, at 15:49, huckyn wrote:

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2005
          SOAP::Lite is contributing to some of the problem here. I admit it. I
          have found many instances where it does not make efficient use of memory.

          However MIME::Tools is also a problem in that it is also a consistent
          sourse of memory bloat.

          However 1MB should be easy to handle in small quantities. If you want to
          place a cap on the files you can handle, then yes, modify the
          MAX_CONTENT_SIZE variable, or tweak your Apache config.