Another of your favorite "Denied Access" errors

  • Erik
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2005
      Spent a good portion of the day trying to get a client and server
      talking to each other. Server is whatever version of SOAP::Lite is
      currently available over CPAN. Client is gSoap 2.7 with a WinInet
      thunk (C++).

      I have compiled a client and ran it successfully, with the response
      "hello world". This program runs properly about five times. On the
      sixth time, it returns the following error:

      SOAP FAULT: SOAP-ENV:Client
      "Denied access to method (hi) in class (Demo) at
      /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2403."

      If I keep running it over and over again I get the "hello world" about
      a quarter of the time, otherwise I get this error message.

      This seems to be more of an environmental issue than a namespace
      issue, any ideas on how I can make this run a bit more stable?

      Retyping as many aspects of my configuration as I can think of...

      Apache2-mpm-prefork 2.0.53-5
      libapache2-mod-perl2 1.999.21-1

      ---

      Alias /soap /usr/local/lib/soap/index.cgi
      <Location /soap>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
      PerlSendHeader On
      Options +ExecCGI
      </Location>
      <Location /soap/modules>
      Deny from all
      </Location>

      ---

      #!perl -w

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('/usr/local/lib/soap/modules')
      -> handle
      ;

      ---

      package Demo;