Re: [soaplite] namespace/nesting problem: The Answer

  • Chris Nielsen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11, 2005
      Hi Byrne,

      If you have a link to the howto, I'll be happy to check it out, but I
      couldn't find it on majordojo.com. I searched for "howto", There was one
      for nesting but the body tag is simple, not what I'm looking for. BTW,
      there is a link to an article "SOAP::Lite Client HOWTO" (soapenv.org) but
      that brings up a "this page parked free, courtesy of godaddy.com".
      Googling for "SOAP::Lite Client HOWTO" didn't get anything. Searching
      majordojo for "register_ns" responded 'no pages found'...

      Anyway, I'll be glad to check anything you think relevant, and if
      something I'm doing is screwy please let me know.

      Thanks,
      -C

      On Mon, 9 May 2005, Byrne Reese wrote:

      > Check out http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/ which contains a HOWTO on
      > overriding the SOAP Body of a request message.
      >
      > Chris Nielsen wrote:
      >

      > > Thanks Byrne for the response.
      > >
      > > I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but it's the <Body>
      > > tag that needs to change, not the envelope. And from the only docs I found
      > > (the single paragraph on the cpan page) it looks like it's the envelope
      > > that is modified by register_ns, not the body tag. Apologies if I'm
      > > missing something fundamental. It could be I'm not doing this correctly
      > > but what I did was add something like:
      > >
      > > $soap->serializer->register_ns('xmlns:NS2','urn:SInfotype');
      > >
      > > I don't see the the body tag change as a result. What I do see is a
      > > change
      > > change in the soap:Envelope tag,
      > >
      > > If anyone can post or refer to an example where the body tag looks like
      > > the example below (with the NS def), and the NS1 and NS2 sections are
      > > parallel inside the body, or have other ideas, I'll be happy to try
      > > that.
      > > I just haven't seen any way to meet the requirement without writing the
      > > xml manually.
      > >
      > > Thanks,

      Christopher Nielsen chris@... http://ZORINco.com
      Electronic Products - Consulting - Hosting

      C O N T R O L Y O U R W O R L D
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2005
        Ok, I was mistaken - there is not an article on majordojo on how to
        modify the root element of the SOAP Body.
        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000009.php

        Here is the man page for register_ns:
        http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/docs/Serializer.html

        Example:
        $ser->register_ns("urn:foo","myns");

        A question I have is why is overriding the Body necessary?

        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2005
          Hi Byrne,

          I've seen that article.
          My assumption is that we need to match the way the WSDL file specifies two
          separate complexTypes with <xs:sequence> defining what ends up being
          inside the paralell NS1 and NS2 blocks. And NS2 is not nested. Rather than
          guess as to how the interpreter at the other end will deal with the
          closest I can get Soap::Lite to do it, it seems Soap::Lite should be
          capable of matching the structure we see at the other end - requests are
          more or less rebuilt and echoed back. In that, it is the more complex Body
          tak, where there is NS information inside and not just <SOAP-ENV:Body> as
          all the Soap::Lite examples and posts I've seen look.

          Cheers,