Re: [soaplite] Unsupported protocol 'MAILTO'

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2001
      Hi, Steeve!

      I see only two reasons. You don't have MAILTO.pm in SOAP/Transport
      directory (that is strange, because ActivePerl is bundled with
      version 0.46 which has MAILTO transport). Or you don't have
      MIME::Lite module which is required for MAILTO transport. Try 'use
      SOAP::Transport::MAILTO;' from script or debugger to get precise
      diagnostics. Next version will have a more descriptive message.

      > By the way (out of context) i've try to access my HTTP MSSOAP
      > Services with SOAP::Lite and it took me about 2 min, one hand tied
      > up in my back while dancing polka. This SOAP is really LITE. :-)
      :)) Let me know if you have any other questions.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Steeve Gilbert <sgilbert@...> wrote:
      > I get an "Unsupported protocol 'MAILTO'" when i try this code.
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      >
      > print SOAP::Lite
      > -> uri('http://tempuri.org/benkin')
      > -> proxy('mailto:sgilbert@...',
      > smtp => 'globetrotter.net',
      > From => 'steeve_gilbert@...',
      > Subject => 'SOAP message')
      > -> Add(25,12);
      >
      > It's not the first time I do SOAP but it's my first time on Perl
      > and
      > SOAP::Lite. There's probably something big i'm missing cause this
      > doesn't seem to be difficult.
      >
      > I'm on W2k and I use ActiveState ActivePerl 5.6.1 build 626. I
      > didn't install the SOAP::Lite package as it seems to already be
      > there.
      >
      > By the way (out of context) i've try to access my HTTP MSSOAP
      > Services with SOAP::Lite and it took me about 2 min, one hand tied
      > up
      > in my back while dancing polka. This SOAP is really LITE. :-)
      >
      > Steeve...

      http://buzz.yahoo.com/
    • Steeve Gilbert
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2001
        > Or you don't have
        > MIME::Lite module which is required for MAILTO transport. Try 'use
        > SOAP::Transport::MAILTO;' from script or debugger to get precise
        > diagnostics. Next version will have a more descriptive message.

        I didn't have the MIME::Lite module. I installed it incorrectly the
        first time. Thanks! Now here's another one...

        Can't locate object method "to" via package "URI::_generic" (perhaps
        you forgot to load "URI::_generic"?) at
        C:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Transport/MAILTO.pm line 49.

        I'm sorry i really don't know where to start. I don't think i need
        to load that URI::_generic. And the MAILTO.pm contains "use URI;".

        Steeve...
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2001
          Hi, Steeve!

          It's known issue with MAILTO in 0.46. You need to specify endpoint
          one more time with:

          $address = 'mailto:my@server';

          my $soap = SOAP::Lite
          ->proxy($address, ......)
          ->uri(...)
          ->endpoint($address) # <<< this line
          ;

          Was fixed in 0.47, so you may consider upgrade to 0.47 or 0.50
          (latest version).

          Best wishes, Paul.

          --- Steeve Gilbert <sgilbert@...> wrote:
          > > Or you don't have
          > > MIME::Lite module which is required for MAILTO transport. Try
          > 'use
          > > SOAP::Transport::MAILTO;' from script or debugger to get precise
          > > diagnostics. Next version will have a more descriptive message.
          >
          > I didn't have the MIME::Lite module. I installed it incorrectly
          > the
          > first time. Thanks! Now here's another one...
          >
          > Can't locate object method "to" via package "URI::_generic"
          > (perhaps
          > you forgot to load "URI::_generic"?) at
          > C:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Transport/MAILTO.pm line 49.
          >
          > I'm sorry i really don't know where to start. I don't think i need
          >
          > to load that URI::_generic. And the MAILTO.pm contains "use URI;".
          >
          > Steeve...

          http://buzz.yahoo.com/
        • Steeve Gilbert
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 14, 2001
            > It's known issue with MAILTO in 0.46. You need to specify endpoint
            > one more time with:
            > $address = 'mailto:my@server';
            >
            > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
            > ->proxy($address, ......)
            > ->endpoint($address) # <<< this line
            > ;
            >
            > Was fixed in 0.47, so you may consider upgrade to 0.47 or 0.50
            > (latest version).

            Oh! I didn't check the SOAP::Lite version that came with ActivePerl
            and it's probably 0.46 or earlier. That's the one i was using. I've
            just upgrade to 0.5 and it works. Thanks again Paul.

            Steeve