Re: Google and SOAP

  • obc_spike
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2005
      > > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
      > > does the error
      > > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
      > > module when I compiled
      > > > SOAPLite?
      > > >
      > > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
      > > can't be loaded: 501
      > > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
      > >
      > > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
      > > can try
      > > to access the file using HTTP instead.
      > >
      > > Good luck.

      Please post your code that's trying to load the module. (Using wsdl is
      a little different than proxies.)

      Matthew
    • NETSTAT
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2005
        Hi Matt!

        Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
        using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
        it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
        wit h "file"

        my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
        service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');

        Thank you!

        > Please post your code that's trying to load the
        > module. (Using wsdl is
        > a little different than proxies.)
        >
        > Matthew

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
      • Duncan Cameron
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2005
          At 2005-05-05, 09:41:28 you wrote:

          >Hi Matt!
          >
          >Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
          >using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
          >it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
          >wit h "file"
          >
          >my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
          >service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');
          >
          >Thank you!
          It looks like you may have an old version of LWP::Protocol installed.
          Do you have a file under the Perl directory
          site/lib/LWP/Protocol/file.pm ?
          If not, then you need to install the latest version of LWP.

          Duncan

          Yahoo! Messenger - want a free and easy way to contact your friends online? http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com