Re: [soaplite] Google and SOAP

  • NETSTAT
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2005
      Hi Juan!

      I tried specifying the full path and it still gives me
      the same error message.

      Muchas gracias!

      --- Juan Fco Rodriguez <jf.rodriguez@...>
      wrote:

      > On Tue, 3 May 2005, netstat wrote:
      >

      > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
      > does the error
      > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
      > module when I compiled
      > > SOAPLite?
      > >
      > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
      > can't be loaded: 501
      > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
      >
      > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
      > can try
      > to access the file using HTTP instead.
      >
      > Good luck.
      >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia
      > antivirus www.trendmicro.es

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • obc_spike
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        > > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
        > > does the error
        > > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
        > > module when I compiled
        > > > SOAPLite?
        > > >
        > > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
        > > can't be loaded: 501
        > > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
        > >
        > > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
        > > can try
        > > to access the file using HTTP instead.
        > >
        > > Good luck.

        Please post your code that's trying to load the module. (Using wsdl is
        a little different than proxies.)

        Matthew
      • NETSTAT
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2005
          Hi Matt!

          Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
          using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
          it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
          wit h "file"

          my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
          service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');

          Thank you!

          > Please post your code that's trying to load the
          > module. (Using wsdl is
          > a little different than proxies.)
          >
          > Matthew

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
        • Duncan Cameron
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2005
            At 2005-05-05, 09:41:28 you wrote:

            >Hi Matt!
            >
            >Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
            >using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
            >it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
            >wit h "file"
            >
            >my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
            >service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');
            >
            >Thank you!
            It looks like you may have an old version of LWP::Protocol installed.
            Do you have a file under the Perl directory
            site/lib/LWP/Protocol/file.pm ?
            If not, then you need to install the latest version of LWP.

            Duncan

            Yahoo! Messenger - want a free and easy way to contact your friends online? http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com