Re: [soaplite] Google and SOAP

  • Juan Fco Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2005
      On Tue, 3 May 2005, netstat wrote:

      > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what does the error
      > message mean below? Did I fail to include any module when I compiled
      > SOAPLite?
      >
      > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl' can't be loaded: 501
      > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported

      It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you can try
      to access the file using HTTP instead.

      Good luck.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia antivirus www.trendmicro.es

      Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia antivirus www.trendmicro.es
    • NETSTAT
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        Hi Juan!

        I tried specifying the full path and it still gives me
        the same error message.

        Muchas gracias!

        --- Juan Fco Rodriguez <jf.rodriguez@...>
        wrote:

        > On Tue, 3 May 2005, netstat wrote:
        >

        > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
        > does the error
        > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
        > module when I compiled
        > > SOAPLite?
        > >
        > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
        > can't be loaded: 501
        > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
        >
        > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
        > can try
        > to access the file using HTTP instead.
        >
        > Good luck.
        >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > > Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia
        > antivirus www.trendmicro.es

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • obc_spike
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          > > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
          > > does the error
          > > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
          > > module when I compiled
          > > > SOAPLite?
          > > >
          > > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
          > > can't be loaded: 501
          > > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
          > >
          > > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
          > > can try
          > > to access the file using HTTP instead.
          > >
          > > Good luck.

          Please post your code that's trying to load the module. (Using wsdl is
          a little different than proxies.)

          Matthew
        • NETSTAT
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2005
            Hi Matt!

            Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
            using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
            it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
            wit h "file"

            my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
            service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');

            Thank you!

            > Please post your code that's trying to load the
            > module. (Using wsdl is
            > a little different than proxies.)
            >
            > Matthew

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Mail Mobile
            http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
          • Duncan Cameron
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2005
              At 2005-05-05, 09:41:28 you wrote:

              >Hi Matt!
              >
              >Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
              >using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
              >it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
              >wit h "file"
              >
              >my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
              >service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');
              >
              >Thank you!
              It looks like you may have an old version of LWP::Protocol installed.
              Do you have a file under the Perl directory
              site/lib/LWP/Protocol/file.pm ?
              If not, then you need to install the latest version of LWP.

              Duncan

              Yahoo! Messenger - want a free and easy way to contact your friends online? http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com