Is there a way to control the charset in content-type

  • Joseph Norris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2001
      In SOAP::Lite is there a way to control the charset in the
      header?

      I am still trying to get my Perl script to talk to a Microsoft
      soap server. The MicroSoft engineers are thinking that part
      of the problem is this:

      I am sending via SOAP::Lite

      And they are expecting:

      There is a difference though I don't think that this should matter
      any more than <input type=text> is different than <input type="TEXT">.
      However, it might to their server.

      Thanks.

      #Joseph Norris (Perl - what else is there?/Linux/CGI/Mysql)
      print @c=map chr $_+100,(6,17,15,16,-68,-3,10,11,16,4,1,14,-68,12,1,14,8,
      -68,4,-3,-1,7,1,14,-68,-26,11,15,1,12,4,-68,-22,11,14,14,5,15,-90);
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2001
        Hi, Joseph!

        > I am sending via SOAP::Lite
        >
        > And they are expecting:
        Shouldn't make any difference, both a valid as far as I remember and
        case doesn't matter in this aspect.

        > In SOAP::Lite is there a way to control the charset in the
        > header?
        Yes, you can still change if you follow the last example in SOAP
        Cookbook:

        use SOAP::Lite +trace =>
        transport => sub {
        $_[0]->content_type('text/xml; charset="UTF-8"') if
        $_[0]->isa('HTTP::Request')
        }
        ;

        Hope it helps. Let me know (offlist) what's on server side (maybe URL
        I can use to access it), I'll try to clarify the situation on
        soapbuilders list. Thank you.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://buzz.yahoo.com/