Google and SOAP

  • netstat
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what does the error
      message mean below? Did I fail to include any module when I compiled
      SOAPLite?

      Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl' can't be loaded: 501
      Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
    • Juan Fco Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        On Tue, 3 May 2005, netstat wrote:

        > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what does the error
        > message mean below? Did I fail to include any module when I compiled
        > SOAPLite?
        >
        > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl' can't be loaded: 501
        > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported

        It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you can try
        to access the file using HTTP instead.

        Good luck.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia antivirus www.trendmicro.es

        Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia antivirus www.trendmicro.es
      • NETSTAT
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          Hi Juan!

          I tried specifying the full path and it still gives me
          the same error message.

          Muchas gracias!

          --- Juan Fco Rodriguez <jf.rodriguez@...>
          wrote:

          > On Tue, 3 May 2005, netstat wrote:
          >

          > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
          > does the error
          > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
          > module when I compiled
          > > SOAPLite?
          > >
          > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
          > can't be loaded: 501
          > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
          >
          > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
          > can try
          > to access the file using HTTP instead.
          >
          > Good luck.
          >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > > Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia
          > antivirus www.trendmicro.es

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • obc_spike
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2005
            > > > I'm trying out the Google API with SOAPLite, what
            > > does the error
            > > > message mean below? Did I fail to include any
            > > module when I compiled
            > > > SOAPLite?
            > > >
            > > > Service description 'file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl'
            > > can't be loaded: 501
            > > > Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported
            > >
            > > It means that the WSDL file coudn't be loaded, you
            > > can try
            > > to access the file using HTTP instead.
            > >
            > > Good luck.

            Please post your code that's trying to load the module. (Using wsdl is
            a little different than proxies.)

            Matthew
          • NETSTAT
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2005
              Hi Matt!

              Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
              using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
              it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
              wit h "file"

              my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
              service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');

              Thank you!

              > Please post your code that's trying to load the
              > module. (Using wsdl is
              > a little different than proxies.)
              >
              > Matthew

              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Mail Mobile
              http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
            • Duncan Cameron
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2005
                At 2005-05-05, 09:41:28 you wrote:

                >Hi Matt!
                >
                >Here's the line that is giving me the problem. I tried
                >using http as suggested by somebody from this list and
                >it worked. I need to understand why it doesn't work
                >wit h "file"
                >
                >my $googleSearch = SOAP::Lite ->
                >service('file:./GoogleSearch.wsdl');
                >
                >Thank you!
                It looks like you may have an old version of LWP::Protocol installed.
                Do you have a file under the Perl directory
                site/lib/LWP/Protocol/file.pm ?
                If not, then you need to install the latest version of LWP.

                Duncan

                Yahoo! Messenger - want a free and easy way to contact your friends online? http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com