debug output formatting

  • Andrew Hicox
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
      Everyone:

      i'm using:

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => debug;

      to capture the envelope exchange for debugging.

      This works fine, except that it spews both envelopes as one gigantic
      string. To really examine what's happening, I have to go and manually
      format the string ... you all probably know what I'm talking about:

      <data>
      <field1>value1</field1>
      <field2>value2</field2>
      </data>

      insted of:
      <data><field1>value1</field1><field2>value2</field2></data>

      is there some built in option, perhaps that will format the debugging
      output for me automatically?
    • Alex Pena
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
        You can use the readable flag,

        my $soap = new SOAP::Lite(
        proxy=>$self->{'proxy'},
        uri=>$self->{'uri'},
        readable=>'true',
        );

        Alex,

        On Apr 26, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Andrew Hicox wrote:

        > Everyone:
        >
        > i'm using:
        >
        > use SOAP::Lite +trace => debug;
        >
        > to capture the envelope exchange for debugging.
        >
        > This works fine, except that it spews both envelopes as one gigantic
        > string. To really examine what's happening, I have to go and manually
        > format the string ... you all probably know what I'm talking about:
        >
        > <data>
        >     <field1>value1</field1>
        >     <field2>value2</field2>
        > </data>
        >
        > insted of:
        > <data><field1>value1</field1><field2>value2</field2></data>
        >
        > is there some built in option, perhaps that will format the debugging
        > output for me automatically?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Service.

        Alex Pena

        Search Marketing Operations Center

        74 N. Pasadena Ave., 3rd floor | Pasadena, CA 91103

        penaa@...

        direct 626-685-5665 | fax 626-685-5601

        Yahoo! Search Marketing | searchmarketing.yahoo.com