No deserializer for {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType

  • Tom Drought
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
      I have a SOAP:Lite script which is making a call to SOAP and am
      receiving this error message:

      soapenv:Server.userException org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer
      for {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType

      Anyone know why, and how it can be fixed.

      Thanks,
      Tom
    • Graham Irvine
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
        Hi

        The server doesnt understand the datatye "anytype" , possibly the
        error is slightly misleading it that it probably understands the
        datatype but a parameter you are sending is being mistyped.

        You will need to look at either the SOAP being sent or the WSDL of
        what the server expects and set the "->type('<datatype>')" explicitly
        for that parameter.

        Graham

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Drought" <tdrought@h...> wrote:

        > I have a SOAP:Lite script which is making a call to SOAP and am
        > receiving this error message:
        >
        > soapenv:Server.userException org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer
        > for {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType
        >
        > Anyone know why, and how it can be fixed.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tom
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
          http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#anyType

          Curious that it is not recognized.

          Have you tried "xsd:any" - that maybe recognized in lieu of xsd:anyType,
          which despite it being in the spec, I rarely see. I usually see
          "xsd:any" for some reason. Or perhaps my memory is failing me. :-/

          Graham Irvine wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > The server doesnt understand the datatye "anytype" , possibly the
          > error is slightly misleading it that it probably understands the
          > datatype but a parameter you are sending is being mistyped.
          >
          > You will need to look at either the SOAP being sent or the WSDL of
          > what the server expects and set the "->type('<datatype>')" explicitly
          > for that parameter.
          >
          > Graham
          >

          > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Drought" <tdrought@h...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a SOAP:Lite script which is making a call to SOAP and am
          > > receiving this error message:
          > >
          > > soapenv:Server.userException org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer
          > > for {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType
          > <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema%7DanyType>
          > >
          > > Anyone know why, and how it can be fixed.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Tom

        • Graham Irvine
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
            Hi Byrne

            Yes it should undestand it (Although Apache implementations of SOAP (
            Xerces) had a problem with it for ages. I think its fixed now ).

            I was suggesting that the error message was not giving the true cause
            of error and was misrepresnting anothere error in the client code.
            (Since anyType is most often used in ArrayType data structures).

            Tom posted me the details via email (by mistake im sure .. damn yahoo
            group defaults to direct reply :( ) . But i'm copying it back to the
            list as its a nice excercise in building a complex soap query .

            This is what the server is expecting

            <otherParams xsi:type="soapenc:Array" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType
            [5]" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
            <item xsi:type="soapenc:Array" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType
            [2]" xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding">
            <item xsi:type="xsd:string">domain_name</item>
            <item xsi:type="xsd:string">hostname.net</item>
            </item>
            <item xsi:type="soapenc:Array" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType
            [2]" xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding">
            <item xsi:type="xsd:string">seller_id</item>
            <item xsi:type="xsd:string">1</item>
            </item>
            </otherParams>

            He was constructing it as follows

            my $otherparams = SOAP::Data->name('otherParams' =>
            \SOAP::Data->value(
            SOAP::Data->name("item" =>
            \SOAP::Data->value(
            SOAP::Data->type('string')->name
            ('item' => 'domain_name'), #domain name
            SOAP::Data->type('string')->name
            ('item' => 'xmltester.com') #domain name
            )
            ),
            SOAP::Data->name("item" =>
            \SOAP::Data->value(
            SOAP::Data->type('string')->name
            ('item' => 'seller_id'), #????
            SOAP::Data->type('string')->name
            ('item' => '0') #????
            )
            )
            )
            );

            so you can see the issue , error is being thrown because array
            construct is all wrong. I dont know about everyone else but to me It
            seems to be a real problem with almost all soap servers Except of
            course for SOAP::Lite <laughs>, giving false errors . I always take
            them with a pinch of salt.

            Now an attempt to construct above ..

            This is my off the top of my head attempt. I am sure there will be a
            few typos etc as im typing this directly into here and not using an
            editor.

            firstly unless you want to hard code this request you will almost
            certainly want to create the arrays in perl and i guess this will be
            in the context of input or loaded data.

            So a mock up of that ...

            my $records = 5; # Im setting a constant here as im not sure from
            SOAP envelope why this is 5 ??
            # Get Request Data
            my @host =('domain_name','xmltesters.com');
            $hsize = @host;
            my @seller = ('seller_id','1');
            $ssize = @seller;

            my $request = SOAP::Data->name('OtherParams')->attr({"xsi:type"=>
            "SOAP-ENC:Array",
            "SOAP-ENC:arrayType" => "xsd:string[$records]",
            xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"}) =>
            SOAP::Data->name("item")->attr({"xsi:type"=> "SOAP-ENC:Array",
            "SOAP-ENC:arrayType" => "xsd:anyType[$hsize]",
            xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"})
            =>
            SOAP::Data->name("item" =>(SOAP::Data->value(@host)->type("string")),
            SOAP::Data->name("item")->attr({"xsi:type"=> "SOAP-ENC:Array",
            "SOAP-ENC:arrayType" => "xsd:anyType[$ssize]",
            xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"})
            =>
            SOAP::Data->name("item" =>(SOAP::Data->value(@seller)->type("string"))
            );

            Im sure you will have some more work to do Tom to declare the
            namespaces etc ns2 and ns3 elswhere .. but this give or take a few
            missing brackets should just about do it.

            Graham

            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Byrne Reese <byrne@m...> wrote:
            > http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#anyType
            >
            > Curious that it is not recognized.
            >
            > Have you tried "xsd:any" - that maybe recognized in lieu of
            xsd:anyType,
            > which despite it being in the spec, I rarely see. I usually see
            > "xsd:any" for some reason. Or perhaps my memory is failing me. :-/
            >

            > Graham Irvine wrote:
            >

            > > Hi
            > >
            > > The server doesnt understand the datatye "anytype" , possibly the
            > > error is slightly misleading it that it probably understands the
            > > datatype but a parameter you are sending is being mistyped.
            > >
            > > You will need to look at either the SOAP being sent or the WSDL of
            > > what the server expects and set the "->type('<datatype>')" explicitly
            > > for that parameter.
            > >
            > > Graham
            > >

            > > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Drought" <tdrought@h...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have a SOAP:Lite script which is making a call to SOAP and am
            > > > receiving this error message:
            > > >
            > > > soapenv:Server.userException org.xml.sax.SAXException: No
            deserializer
            > > > for {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType
            > > <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema%7DanyType>
            > > >
            > > > Anyone know why, and how it can be fixed.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Tom

          • Tom Drought
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2005
              I had it right in front of my face for a day, but, did not see it. I
              had made a search and got some code from MajorDomo, but, I didn't
              set it up right.

              Thanks to Graham, I now have it working. I'm sure I'll have to clean
              it up though, but, it works.

              This is what I had written yesterday:

              my $otherparams = SOAP::Data->name('otherParams' =>
              \SOAP::Data->value(
              SOAP::Data->name("item" =>
              \SOAP::Data->value(
              SOAP::Data->type('xsd:string')->name
              ('item' => 'domain_name'), #domain name
              SOAP::Data->type('xsd:string')->name
              ('item' => 'xmltester.com') #domain name
              )
              )->attr({'xsi:type'=>'soapenc:Array'})->attr
              ({'soapenc:arrayType'=>'xsd:anyType[2]'})->attr
              ({'xmlns:ns2'=>'http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding'}),
              SOAP::Data->name("item" =>
              \SOAP::Data->value(
              SOAP::Data->type('xsd:string')->name
              ('item' => 'seller_id'), #????
              SOAP::Data->type('xsd:string')->name
              ('item' => '0') #????
              )
              )->attr({'xsi:type'=>'soapenc:Array'})->attr
              ({'soapenc:arrayType'=>'xsd:anyType[3]'})->attr
              ({'xmlns:ns2'=>'http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding'})
              )
              )->attr({'xsi:type'=>'soapenc:Array'})->attr
              ({'soapenc:arrayType'=>'xsd:anyType[5]'})->attr
              ({'xmlns:soapenc'=>'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'});

              When I studied the code Graham sent me, I decided to combine the
              Attr to:
              attr({'xsi:type'=>'soapenc:Array','soapenc:arrayType'=>'xsd:anyType
              [2]','xmlns:ns6'=>'http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding'})

              Now it works. :)) Thank you Graham. Thanks to everyone who helped.

              Tom