Problem getting soap lite working with wsdl

  • David Inglis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2005
      Can anybody please help with this error message

      SOAP::Schema->schema has been deprecated. Please use SOAP::Schema->schema_url instead. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2803.
      Service description 'http://warehouse.atdw.com.au/soap' can't be loaded: 500 Can't connect to warehouse.atdw.com.au:80 (Bad hostname 'warehouse.atdw.com.au')
      You can look at the wsdl definition file hear

      The Web Service Definition Language file (WSDL) – A standard Web Service file that defines the functions exposed by a web service. This can also be viewed online at: http://national.atdw.com.au/soap/AustralianTourismWebService.asmx?WSDL

      This is the code I'm trying to test with, am I close or am I completely going totally in the wrong direction?

      #!/usr/bin/perl

       use SOAP::WSDL;

              my $soap=SOAP::WSDL->new( wsdl => 'http://warehouse.atdw.com.au/soap' )
                  ->proxy('http://warehouse.atdw.com.au/soap/atdw_live_api.wsdl',1);

              $soap->wsdlinit;

              my $som=$soap->call( 'CommandHandler' => [
                      { DistributorKey => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' },
                      { CommandName => 'GetCountryStateArea'},

    • Graham Irvine
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2005
        Hi David

        The schema has been depreciated warning is because of SOAP::WSDL
        Thats not supported as part of SOAP::Lite , its a seperate module
        but is using a depreciated class with SOAP::Lite.

        You should make the change and send a diff to owner of that module ,
        or ask him to update it to work with latest soap::lite package.
        (alternatively downgrade your soap::lite to a compatible version if
        you really need it) I assume you tried SOAP::Lite as client and you
        had problems .. what were they ? Maybe we can get thhat working as the
        WSDL looks like it should work with 0.60 or greater versions of S::L.

        Anyway ..

        That may be stopping it working but you also have a problem because
        you are not passing the proper URL to SOAP::WSDL constructor.

        it should be

        my $soap = SOAP::WSDL->new(wsdl
        =>'http://national.atdw.com.au/soap/AustralianTourismWebService.asmx?WSDL
        ' )