Is document/literal supported?

  • Ivan Venuti
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2005
      First of all many thanks for your usefull comments!

      Here are some results, using various tools &
      languages; these results are achieved using my Axis
      server example:

      Language Tool Automated Client
      -------- ------------------ ------------------
      Java Axis Correct
      VB.NET VisualStudio 2003 Correct
      Delphi Delphi 2005 IDE COrrect
      PHP PEAR SOAP Correct
      VBA MS Toolkit 4 VBA Mainly Correct*
      Python SOAPpy Incorrect
      Perl SOAP::Lite Incorrect

      * noticed some lack of support for one complex
      datatype

      For anyone interested I can give details of the
      generated clients...

      But now I'd like to make a summary about my used
      scenario and the problems still open in it with
      SOAP::Perl:

      1) I have a WS developed in Axis and described by a
      WSDL that indicates document/literal i.e.:

      1.1) the style of messages must be document

      1.2) the encoding is literal

      2) I have written a client in Perl using SOAP::Lite:

      2.1) also if I give the WSDL for the proxy
      generation, the client generated RPC style messages

      2.2) anyway it is possible to force the use of
      document style via personalized settings (please give
      me some more help on this topic if you find some easy
      way to achieve the correct result!)

      2.3) In order to achieve the indicates types in the
      WSDL there schould be an appropriate specification of
      the type of the parameters in the method's call

      Is it my summary correct or am I missing some
      important point?

      So I would know if the lack of support of document
      style is due to my WSDL or it is a general fault of
      SOAP::Lite.
      In the first case, anyone can give me a direction in
      order to isolate the problem in my WSDL?
      In the second case, is it plan a future release of the
      package with full support of document/style messages?

      Also, is there any useful way to generate appropriate
      types based only to the WSDL?

      Thanks!

      -- Ivan

      Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
      http://it.messenger.yahoo.it