Overriding Envelope Attributes

  • Graham Irvine
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
      Hi

      Using SOAP::Lite as a client can I manipulate the Envelope Attributes
      easily .

      i.e

      xmlns:namesp1="http://namespaces.soaplite.com/perl">

      I tried a simple $soap->({attr => ...}) but it didnt seem to work
      as expected.

      Its to satisfy an interop empasse regarding some slight diffs in these
      values and an additional attribute of xmlns:si.

      Thanks
      Graham
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2005
        In SOAP::Lite 0.60 and 0.65, you can easily add a new namespace to the
        envelope using the following:

        $soap->serializer->register_ns("http://uri","myprefix")

        Graham Irvine wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Using SOAP::Lite as a client can I manipulate the Envelope Attributes
        > easily .
        >
        > i.e

        > xmlns:namesp1="http://namespaces.soaplite.com/perl">
        >
        > I tried a simple $soap->({attr => ...}) but it didnt seem to work
        > as expected.
        >
        > Its to satisfy an interop empasse regarding some slight diffs in these
        > values and an additional attribute of xmlns:si.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Graham

      • Graham Irvine
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2005
          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Byrne Reese <byrne@m...> wrote:
          > In SOAP::Lite 0.60 and 0.65, you can easily add a new namespace to the
          > envelope using the following:
          >
          > $soap->serializer->register_ns("http://uri","myprefix")

          That doesnt work with 0.60a (CPAN version). It does however work with
          0.65_beta4 so may be of use in the future.

          However your post did help me with my add an envelope attribute since
          it showed me why i was not getting my new attribute added . Thus

          $soap->serializer->attr({"xmlns:si"=>"http://soapinterop.org/xsd",
          "xmlns:xsi"=>"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"});

          Half way there .. the second attribute is obviously re-written again
          for the soap call.

          I am not really sure of the value of this but whilst i am not posting
          the "same" envelope attributes as there "native" client im being asked
          to mimic its not open and shut that a problem with soap service is
          there end.

          Maybe someone can explain exactly why SOAP::Lite uses the xsi it does
          where everywhere else uses the 2001 URL yet still being SOAP 1.1. and
          if its relevant ..

          My own feeling here is most client and serverware here pursuit there
          own limits and interop capabilitys and this sort of thing is paid
          lipservice at best , or am i very wrong and just suffering from soap
          interop fatigue <laughs> ?

          Ive amended the SOAP::Constant value to the one specified and tested
          every webservice i can think of and it has not made any difference in
          the response. Those that work still work . those that dont still dont .
          Graham