Re: [soaplite] Removal Of Namespace Prefix From Element

  • Joe Hourcle
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Byrne Reese wrote:

      > In 0.60 and 0.65_3 there is a subroutine called use_prefix(true|false)
      > which turns on|off default namespacing.
      >
      > In the full release of 0.65 I will probably deprecate this function and
      > rename it to "use_default_ns(true|false)."
      >
      > I am also considering using default namespaces by default. Anyone have
      > any thoughts on this proposal?

      I'd probably prefer:

      use_default_ns( true | false | string )

      Where if you could then feed in a string to be used rather than the
      automatic numbering of namespaces. (so I can be lazy, and not have to
      specify all of my items in the serializer's type mapping, or write my own
      serializer, just so I can override maptypetouri().)

      Of course, I haven't actually looked at the current beta, so I don't know
      what's changed from the version that I've been hacking at (0.60a), so what
      sort of other implications this might have, or if this has been resolved
      through other means.

      -----
      Joe Hourcle
    • Juan Fco Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
        On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Joe Hourcle wrote:

        > On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Byrne Reese wrote:
        >

        >> In 0.60 and 0.65_3 there is a subroutine called use_prefix(true|false)
        >> which turns on|off default namespacing.
        >>
        >> In the full release of 0.65 I will probably deprecate this function and
        >> rename it to "use_default_ns(true|false)."
        >>
        >> I am also considering using default namespaces by default. Anyone have
        >> any thoughts on this proposal?
        >
        > I'd probably prefer:
        >
        > use_default_ns( true | false | string )

        Hello,

        I'm newbie to all this stuff, but I was having problems trying
        to always get the same autogenerated namespace on the <...Response>
        element, so I would greatly appreciate to be able to specify the
        namespace as a string, as Joe suggests in his mail. I needed to
        refer to the autogenerated namespace in nested elements...then
        I realized that I could do it in other way so I dont have this
        problem any more, but it might be interesting to let users select
        the default namespace beside turn it on or off. I'm full of doubts,
        but hope this helps :P

        > Where if you could then feed in a string to be used rather than the
        > automatic numbering of namespaces. (so I can be lazy, and not have to
        > specify all of my items in the serializer's type mapping, or write my own
        > serializer, just so I can override maptypetouri().)
        >

        > Of course, I haven't actually looked at the current beta, so I don't know
        > what's changed from the version that I've been hacking at (0.60a), so what
        > sort of other implications this might have, or if this has been resolved
        > through other means.
        >
        > -----
        > Joe Hourcle
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia antivirus www.trendmicro.es

        Mensaje analizado y protegido, tecnologia antivirus www.trendmicro.es
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
          Your wish is my command.... =-D

          In 0.65_5, the following two subroutines will be introduced that I
          intend to replace uri() and use_prefix() with...

          *default_ns($uri)* - Sets the default namespace for the request to the
          specified uri. This overrides any previous namespace declaration that
          may have been set using a previous call to |ns()| or |default_ns()|.
          Setting the default namespace causes elements to be serialized without a
          namespace prefix, like so:

          <soap:Envelope>
          <soap:Body>
          <myMethod xmlns="http://www.someuri.com">
          <foo />
          </myMethod>
          </soap:Body>
          </soap:Envelope>

          *ns($uri,$prefix=undef) *- Sets the namespace uri and optionally the
          namespace prefix for the request to the specified values. This overrides
          any previous namespace declaration that may have been set using a
          previous call to |ns()| or |default_ns()|. If a prefix is not specified,
          one will be generated for you automatically. Setting the namespace
          causes elements to be serialized with a namespace prefix, like so:

          <soap:Envelope>
          <soap:Body>
          <my:myMethod xmlns:my="http://www.someuri.com">
          <my:foo />