Re: [soaplite] Removal Of Namespace Prefix From Element

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      In 0.60 and 0.65_3 there is a subroutine called use_prefix(true|false)
      which turns on|off default namespacing.

      In the full release of 0.65 I will probably deprecate this function and
      rename it to "use_default_ns(true|false)."

      I am also considering using default namespaces by default. Anyone have
      any thoughts on this proposal?

      jameshargreavesgmail wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I'm still having trouble with NuSOAP in case anyone has a solution to
      > my previous posting?
      >
      > On another issue I am trying to create a client for the same service
      > using gSOAP. I am currently receiving the following error:
      >
      > "Tag mismatch: element 'namesp1:loginResponse' does not correspond to
      > expected element"
      >
      > which I believe is because it does not understand the namesp1 prefix
      > on the loginResponse element:
      >
      > <namesp1:loginResponse xmlns:namesp1="urn:SOAPAtlas">
      >
      > Is there some way I can force my output to be as follows:
      >
      > <loginResponse xmlns="urn:SOAPAtlas">
      >
      > Thanks
      > Jay

    • Joe Hourcle
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Byrne Reese wrote:

        > In 0.60 and 0.65_3 there is a subroutine called use_prefix(true|false)
        > which turns on|off default namespacing.
        >
        > In the full release of 0.65 I will probably deprecate this function and
        > rename it to "use_default_ns(true|false)."
        >
        > I am also considering using default namespaces by default. Anyone have
        > any thoughts on this proposal?

        I'd probably prefer:

        use_default_ns( true | false | string )

        Where if you could then feed in a string to be used rather than the
        automatic numbering of namespaces. (so I can be lazy, and not have to
        specify all of my items in the serializer's type mapping, or write my own
        serializer, just so I can override maptypetouri().)

        Of course, I haven't actually looked at the current beta, so I don't know
        what's changed from the version that I've been hacking at (0.60a), so what
        sort of other implications this might have, or if this has been resolved
        through other means.

        -----
        Joe Hourcle
      • Juan Fco Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
          On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Joe Hourcle wrote:

          > On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Byrne Reese wrote:
          >

          >> In 0.60 and 0.65_3 there is a subroutine called use_prefix(true|false)
          >> which turns on|off default namespacing.
          >>
          >> In the full release of 0.65 I will probably deprecate this function and
          >> rename it to "use_default_ns(true|false)."
          >>
          >> I am also considering using default namespaces by default. Anyone have
          >> any thoughts on this proposal?
          >
          > I'd probably prefer:
          >
          > use_default_ns( true | false | string )

          Hello,

          I'm newbie to all this stuff, but I was having problems trying
          to always get the same autogenerated namespace on the <...Response>
          element, so I would greatly appreciate to be able to specify the
          namespace as a string, as Joe suggests in his mail. I needed to
          refer to the autogenerated namespace in nested elements...then
          I realized that I could do it in other way so I dont have this
          problem any more, but it might be interesting to let users select
          the default namespace beside turn it on or off. I'm full of doubts,
          but hope this helps :P

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
            Your wish is my command.... =-D

            In 0.65_5, the following two subroutines will be introduced that I
            intend to replace uri() and use_prefix() with...

            *default_ns($uri)* - Sets the default namespace for the request to the
            specified uri. This overrides any previous namespace declaration that
            may have been set using a previous call to |ns()| or |default_ns()|.
            Setting the default namespace causes elements to be serialized without a
            namespace prefix, like so:

            <soap:Envelope>
            <soap:Body>
            <myMethod xmlns="http://www.someuri.com">
            <foo />
            </myMethod>
            </soap:Body>
            </soap:Envelope>

            *ns($uri,$prefix=undef) *- Sets the namespace uri and optionally the
            namespace prefix for the request to the specified values. This overrides
            any previous namespace declaration that may have been set using a
            previous call to |ns()| or |default_ns()|. If a prefix is not specified,
            one will be generated for you automatically. Setting the namespace
            causes elements to be serialized with a namespace prefix, like so:

            <soap:Envelope>
            <soap:Body>
            <my:myMethod xmlns:my="http://www.someuri.com">
            <my:foo />