RE: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite usage of XML::SAX (possibly off-topic)

  • Joe Breeden
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      Thanks for the help. I installed XML::SAX::Expat and saw a two-fold
      performance improvement on my server. I think S::L is using the XML::SAX
      mainly because the only XML processing anywhere in my app is being done
      by S::L. Again, thanks for the help.

      >I have been profiling a SOAP::Lite server running under
      >Apache/mod_perl
      >and noticed that many calls are made to functions in
      >XML::SAX::PurePerl.
      >From reading the perldoc for that module I get the idea that it may
      >be
      >slow. Mainly because it says so in the perldoc. Is this module being
      >used on purpose by SOAP::Lite? Or can I install some C library that
      >will
      >be used by XML::SAX to do the parsing which could speed up my server?

      S::L should not be using PurePerl. Are you sure that it is not a
      class that is called by SOAP::Lite ? Most likely some application
      code uses XML::SAX which has PurePerl as a default parser. You should
      already have XML::Parser installed for use by S::L so you may as well
      use the expat C library which it uses. There is a SAX interface to it:
      XML::SAX::Expat.

      Duncan