Sending trace output to a file

  • pfconrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      I am trying to send all trace output to a debug file. Below is the
      declaration I am using, but I'm still getting all of the SOAP::Lite
      trace information dumped to STDOUT:

      In the client script:
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => "all" => sub{ Debug::Print(@_); };

      and in the server script:
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP +trace => "all" => sub{ Debug::Print( @_
      ); } ;

      Incidentally, Debug is a custom module that sends output to a file.

      Thanks for your help.
    • Peter Mayr
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
        Hi,

        pfconrey wrote:

        > I am trying to send all trace output to a debug file. Below is the
        > declaration I am using, but I'm still getting all of the SOAP::Lite
        > trace information dumped to STDOUT:
        >
        > In the client script:
        > use SOAP::Lite +trace => "all" => sub{ Debug::Print(@_); };
        >
        > and in the server script:
        > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP +trace => "all" => sub{ Debug::Print( @_
        > ); } ;

        It should work if you just redirect STDERR.

        use SOAP::Lite +trace => debug => sub {
        open(STDERR, '>
        /home/clio/tmp/l_cli_cliwv_find_logfile');
        };

        Greetings

        Peter

        Mag. (FH) Peter Mayr (mayr@...)
        IT-Services Digitale Bibliothek (http://www.digibib.net)
        Hochschulbibliothekszentrum NRW (HBZ)
        Postfach 27 04 51, 50510 Koeln, Deutschland
        Telefon +49-221-40075-198, Fax +49-221-40075-190
        J├╝licher Str. 6, 50674 Koeln, Deutschland