Suggestions on implementing a Server/Client based SOAP system

  • show2sh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2005
      Greetings

      I'm developing a SOAP based server/client, and I'd like some inputs about
      developing the application.

      The application has mainly three parts:
      => Server
      => Client
      => Asynchronous messaging

      The system is mainly a "Incident-creating" system, means if any problem is
      found on the client side (ABC company) or our side, an "Incident" is
      created
      in the Database.

      1)If the client created an incident he sends the "Incident"
      information to us as a SOAP envelope.

      2) If we create an incident, we send the "Incident" information to the
      client's
      URL as a SOAP message.

      Here when the Problem is submitted or Accepted a "Business
      Acknowledgemt" is
      sent/received. This Acknowledgement is to ensure that the information
      received
      was well formed and had all the mandatory fields required. The
      "Acknowledgement"
      is a Synchronous call.

      i) If the client's end-point is not available, we've to retry the
      process (i.e
      try sending the "Incident" information until the end-point is available.)

      3) When we receive any message from the ABC company, we need to queue
      and store
      any transactions. Once we put the messages into a message queue
      another script
      should pull out each message, parse the SOAP message and insert the
      data into
      the Database.

      This is a broad picture of the whole application.

      I was thinking to have the following:
      1) Client => will create "new Incident" messages and submits the
      information to the client's end-point.

      2) Server => (ABC co) will use this end-point (our end-point), to submit
      any Incident information.

      Please let me know your thoughts and also suggest best approaches and
      implementing the same.

      Best regards
      --Shobhan